Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    To take it a step further: Outside of a few pleasantries, I don't know Chris at all. But based on the company he keeps, I'd be utterly and completely flabbergasted if this suit turned up any real proof of foul play.

Gun to my head? It think someone is desperate and slinging mud.
    I don't know any of the parties involved, but if such a suit had my name on it, I'd be crapping bricks. $65,000,000 in claimed diverted or suspect payments. Then after one finishes defending himself comes the obligatory IRS audit. Oh the joy.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I do not have a pedestal. And I know the symptoms of CDS.

In this case, this has nothing to do with the University except there's a gentleman making a financial pledge that has had some accusations thrown in his direction.

It would be unfair to HIM to take this very far. And, judging by a few of the comments, MY comment is justified.

I simply say
    1. Do not jump to conclusions.
    2. Do not assume this story scuttles the project.

I think that's reasonable. But feel free to act like the sky is falling if you wish. I can't do anything about that except to suggest temperment.
    Fair enough. I stick to my opinion that CDS is not caused from genetics. Istead it is an affect of years of traumatic experiences not unlike PTSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I don't know any of the parties involved, but if such a suit had my name on it, I'd be crapping bricks. $65,000,000 in claimed diverted or suspect payments. Then after one finishes defending himself comes the obligatory IRS audit. Oh the joy.
    You are correct. This is no small matter. I have dealt as an expert witness in many high stakes cases. It is VERY expensive and not for the faint of heart. (even for the expert witness). There is another case involving a local Oil Executive that is similar in nature. This litigation has been going on for years. If ground is not broken on the stadium renovations after the last out then this is not looking good for Coach Robe or the Baseball team.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You are correct. This is no small matter. I have dealt as an expert witness in many high stakes cases. It is VERY expensive and not for the faint of heart. (even for the expert witness). There is another case involving a local Oil Executive that is similar in nature. This litigation has been going on for years. If ground is not broken on the stadium renovations after the last out then this is not looking good for Coach Robe or the Baseball team.
    I've dealt with similar. This will more than likely be a years long process to work its way through the courts.

Guys,

I think here in the U.S.A., everyone is innocent until proven guilty! Let's not ruin a man's reputation by speculating about the outcome of something none of us have specific details about.

With that said, today at the Diamond Club Meeting, Tony stated that the steel has already been ordered for the stadium and he has been working on some of the final details. He said that the Lemoine Company would begin working on the stadium the week following this years Super Regionals. They would not give them permission to start prior to then in case we needed the use of the stadium.

It sounds like unless something drastic were to occur in the next few weeks, the stadium will be built! We all need to just relax and enjoy the rest of the season!

That's certainly good news Duggie.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    That's certainly good news Duggie.
    Great news indeed.

I also like that robe haven't guven up a SR hereguess I'm not a completiy hopeful fool after all.

But hey, let's just take get those 75% of wins we've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Guys,

I think here in the U.S.A., everyone is innocent until proven guilty! Let's not ruin a man's reputation by speculating about the outcome of something none of us have specific details about.

With that said, today at the Diamond Club Meeting, Tony stated that the steel has already been ordered for the stadium and he has been working on some of the final details. He said that the Lemoine Company would begin working on the stadium the week following this years Super Regionals. They would not give them permission to start prior to then in case we needed the use of the stadium.

It sounds like unless something drastic were to occur in the next few weeks, the stadium will be built! We all need to just relax and enjoy the rest of the season!
    I have heard this from others. Since that's the case perhaps it's best we leave this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I have heard this from others. Since that's the case perhaps it's best we leave this alone.
    I totally agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    good time to change the subject.

Tony stated that the steel has already been ordered for the stadium
    does anyone know if the new grandstand will be all steel and aluminum like softball, or will it be a cement structure? i asked last week, but didnt see a response.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    good time to change the subject.

does anyone know if the new grandstand will be all steel and aluminum like softball, or will it be a cement structure? i asked last week, but didnt see a response.
    Cement structure was what I was told early on.

With boom-bust market conditions, always come lots of drama, which I hope is all this amounts to.

Guys,

For the record, I don't think anyone here is making accusations of guilt or trying to ruin anyone's reputation. We're discussing an actual lawsuit that has been filed by a publicly-traded company with the defendants named, potential illegalities, dollar damages, and the mechanism for the offenses all laid out in the suit.

While these individuals certainly have their right to their day in court, since this information is now in the public domain (the court of public opinion) and pertains to an individual who we have been told is a key part of a project that is near and dear to our hearts, there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the magnitude of the charges, the legal process, and how it all might affect the final outcome we so desire.

Tony's comments today at the Diamond Club meeting certainly sound encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    For the record, I don't think anyone here is making accusations of guilt or trying to ruin anyone's reputation. We're discussing an actual lawsuit that has been filed by a publicly-traded company with the defendants named, potential illegalities, dollar damages, and the mechanism for the offenses all laid out in the suit.

While these individuals certainly have their right to their day in court, since this information is now in the public domain (the court of public opinion) and pertains to an individual who we have been told is a key part of a project that is near and dear to our hearts, there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing the magnitude of the charges, the legal process, and how it all might affect the final outcome we so desire.

Tony's comments today at the Diamond Club meeting certainly sound encouraging.
    Exactly. However, for now, this is civil case and as such there is no guilt involved. This is an attempt by the plaintiff to recover alleged damages inflicted upon them by the defendant. Regardless of the eventual outcome of the case, the defendant will have to expend time and money in is defense. Given the magnitude of the alleged damages, he could easily spend $1,000,000.00 in attorney fees and court costs. This could get to be a very expensive situation should the courts find in favor of the plaintiff. This could take years for this case to eventually come to a conclusion. All in all, I would not want to be a defendant in this situation.

I would not want a butt hurt $2.4 billion corp coming after me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information