Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

Superior Energy Services (SPN) NYSE - traded at a high $35 and change in August 2014, closed Friday at $15.99. Don't know when they acquired Stabil Drill.

SPN has a $2.4 billion market cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    SPN has a $2.4 billion market cap.
    With today's crappy oilfield environment, the downside for Superior will be a potential class-action lawsuit by investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Superior Energy Services (SPN) NYSE - traded at a high $35 and change in August 2014, closed Friday at $15.99. Don't know when they acquired Stabil Drill.
    Stabil Drill was acquired in '97.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    It would be best not to jump to conclusions.

And, don't let Cajun Disaster Syndrome set in.
    As ALWAYS Cajun Fans are intentionally kept in the dark and even mislead intentionally which causes 99% of what you call Cajun Disaster Syndrome from your very hugh pedistal.

6. Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

They better make a better case than 'we sold property and the purchaser sold it for a profit.'

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    As ALWAYS Cajun Fans are intentionally kept in the dark and even mislead intentionally which causes 99% of what you call Cajun Disaster Syndrome from your very hugh pedistal.
    True in past instances. However, this is one I'd expect for us to be kept in the dark on, for obvious reasons.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They better make a better case than 'we sold property and the purchaser sold it for a profit.'
    Exactly. I found it odd that the author used that piece of "evidence".

Well we won't be in the dark long. We should know the first week of June at the latest. If we don't see heavy equipment being brought in by then then we know no stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I personally don't believe it.
    This could be so many different things, I'll worry about the possibilities later. O & G biz can be ruthless. People are losing everything and looking for ways out, looking for ways to cut and run, looking for ways to blame other people and looking for ways to balance the P & L statements.

Who the hell knows
    You hit the nail on the head so damn hard on this one. Sounds like someone who knows their time is limited and is trying to hit the chord on their golden parachute.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    A bunch of crooks trying to take over the Tigue. Just like the big donor form Houston about 3-4 years back. That crap fell through.
    You really shouldn't call people crooks based on a law suit filing. I doubt there wifi be any criminal charges, and I doubt this ever goes to a civil jury.

And by the way, five years ago? The guy planning on donation the money was a bigger victim than UL baseball ever dreamed of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    A bunch of crooks trying to take over the Tigue. Just like the big donor form Houston about 3-4 years back. That crap fell through.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I do not have a pedestal. And I know the symptoms of CDS.

In this case, this has nothing to do with the University except there's a gentleman making a financial pledge that has had some accusations thrown in his direction.

It would be unfair to HIM to take this very far. And, judging by a few of the comments, MY comment is justified.

I simply say
    1. Do not jump to conclusions.
    2. Do not assume this story scuttles the project.

I think that's reasonable. But feel free to act like the sky is falling if you wish. I can't do anything about that except to suggest temperment.

14. Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

In this case, this has nothing to do with the University except there's a gentleman making a financial pledge that has had some accusations thrown in his direction.

It would be unfair to HIM to take this very far. And, judging by a few of the comments, MY comment is justified.

I simply say

I think that's reasonable. But feel free to act like the sky is falling if you wish. I can't do anything about that except to suggest temperment.
    To take it a step further: Outside of a few pleasantries, I don't know Chris at all. But based on the company he keeps, I'd be utterly and completely flabbergasted if this suit turned up any real proof of foul play.

Gun to my head? It think someone is desperate and slinging mud.

I simply say

Good post. I'm not going to say the sky is falling. But I will go to Bells and buy a cup just in case we get a swift kick to the nuts after baseball season.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information