Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Default Re: UL board to consider 'Russo Park'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Sorry, I had to go back and read your post again. Originally Coach Robichaux stated that they would keep the Moore Family name in part with Russo Park @ Tigue Moore Field. I don't believe that has changed unless someone can point to me to something in writing that says otherwise.
    Thanks, my friend!!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    $3 mil for naming the existing tower? Or a twin
    I thought this was going to be a totally new administration tower.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I may have understood boomer for the first time ever. I think he means 3-5 million to build a faulkinberry tower. Or 12 million to name the stadium after him
    Sorry to hear that . you do know it's only downhill from here

Sorry if this has already been discussed but does the whole Stabil Drill thing put a cloud on whether or not this whole renovation even goes through at all?

For those not in the know: http://theind.com/article-23118-laws.-millions.html

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad View Post
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but does the whole Stabil Drill thing put a cloud on whether or not this whole renovation even goes through at all?

For those not in the know: http://theind.com/article-23118-laws.-millions.html
    If you read through this thread you will have different opinions on the subject. At this time, I've heard nothing directly from our baseball staff or officials to suggest that the renovation will not begin after the season is over.

If you read through this thread you will have different opinions on the subject. At this time, I've heard nothing directly from our baseball staff or officials to suggest that the renovation will not begin after the season is over.
    Got it, thanks. I'm not trying to have an opinion on the name at all, just wondering if this will stall us any. After a bit of more searching I did find this article (http://www.katc.com/story/31808845/s.ncial-dealings) which puts my mind at ease a little.

I guess the only concern is later down the road if Russo is found guilty of the charges. We could find ourselves with an "Enron Field" situation. IIRC, the Astros had to buy the naming rights back. They did settle for a much lesser amount though, which I believe was negotiated through the bankruptcy proceedings. Maybe that's a cross that bridge when we get there kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad View Post
    Got it, thanks. I'm not trying to have an opinion on the name at all, just wondering if this will stall us any. After a bit of more searching I did find this article (http://www.katc.com/story/31808845/s.ncial-dealings) which puts my mind at ease a little.

I guess the only concern is later down the road if Russo is found guilty of the charges. We could find ourselves with an "Enron Field" situation. IIRC, the Astros had to buy the naming rights back. They did settle for a much lesser amount though, which I believe was negotiated through the bankruptcy proceedings. Maybe that's a cross that bridge when we get there kind of thing.
    I'm sure that if something really bad goes down, the family can always claim that "Russo Park" is being named in honor of the late Sammy Russo, also a big supporter of UL Baseball. Unlike M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field, it appears that at this point in time the name "Russo Park" is in honor of the entire family and not a single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I'm sure that if something really bad goes down, the family can always claim that "Russo Park" is being named in honor of the late Sammy Russo, also a big supporter of UL Baseball. Unlike M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field, it appears that at this point in time the name "Russo Park" is in honor of the entire family and not a single individual.
    I thought the original idea was to be in honor of his Dad, Sammy, who was a long time fan of the program.

Coach Robe said definitively last week at Diamond Club that everything is scheduled to start as soon as the season is over.

It is also my understanding regarding the name issue that there are ethics clauses in the contracts regarding donations. (i.e. your name bringing bad appeal to the university, we no longer have to use your name on the building or stadium).

Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

Coach Robichaux stated $7.5 mil was raised at the beginning of the season, but several other donations were procured during the silent phase. Did you hear something else, because I have not heard that most of the other $5 mil has been raised?
    Problem with the $5 mil/$10 mil numbers you guys were talking about is the stadium isn't getting built for $10 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Problem with the $5 mil/$10 mil numbers you guys were talking about is the stadium isn't getting built for $10 mil.
    Explain

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Isn't the total cost as approved around $18
    Million?

Default Re: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Isn't the total cost as approved around $18
    Million?
    I think it would be wise if the University put out a public statement reassuring the players, recruits and fans that this stadium will be built irregardless of the issue with the Russo family.

If UL doesn't build this stadium this year there is a good chance it will hurt future recruiting and potentially lose some of the current commits we have.

Another thing to think about. If this falls through will Coach Robe stay around? Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I think it would be wise if the University put out a public statement reassuring the players, recruits and fans that this stadium will be built irregardless of the issue with the Russo family.

If UL doesn't build this stadium this year there is a good chance it will hurt future recruiting and potentially lose some of the current commits we have.

Another thing to think about. If this falls through will Coach Robe stay around? Just my thoughts.
    I'm sure that the people that really need to know (Robe, recruits, etc.), have actually been told what is going on and what will happen!

So when should we start seeing movement at the field? I would assume June 4th through 11th?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information