Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Russo Park name OK'd, with conditions

Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I feel bad for Robe. I was really hoping he'd finally get his much deserved stadium.
    If I hadn't spent my fortune on fine wine and fast women, and then wasted the rest, I'd donate the money myself. As basinbear says, sigh.

HOPING this is just a bump in the road and will still happen at the conclusion of this year. There are two sides to every story. although the article does look pretty damming.

Dang. Not good. I worked with Scott years ago.

Maybe it's just me and my massive amount of UL scars accumulated over the decades. But doesn't it seem that we can't go 24 hours after any good victory without eating some sort of UL related crap sandwich? 😕

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Maybe it's just me and my massive amount of UL scars accumulated over the decades. But doesn't it seem that we can't go 24 hours after any good victory without eating some sort of UL related crap sandwich? 😕
    At times it appears there's a never-ending converyor belt of crap sammiches being dumped on the Cajun Nation.

7. Default Re: How will this effect baseball?

I personally don't believe it.
    This could be so many different things, I'll worry about the possibilities later. O & G biz can be ruthless. People are losing everything and looking for ways out, looking for ways to cut and run, looking for ways to blame other people and looking for ways to balance the P & L statements.

Who the hell knows

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This could be so many different things, I'll worry about the possibilities later. O & G biz can be ruthless. People are losing everything and looking for ways out, looking for ways to cut and run, looking for ways to blame other people and looking for ways to balance the P & L statements.

Who the hell knows
    True, but even if there's no truth to the allegations, the defendants are going to have to spend a lot of money (installments shall we call it) to keep themselves out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Who the hell knows
    Good post.

Should probably let it play itself out then judge.

Is Superior Energy Services a public company? If so, this will get even more messy before it's over.

Wellwe don't know the whole story or what's going on behind the scenesand I am not going to pronounce anyone guilty of anything without proof or convictiongonna kick back and see what happens.

Look I hope this article is full of crap. Just kinda ran across it by happenstance. Robe should have had his palace after the CWS run. We need to get this stadium completed the right way and on time.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Look I hope this article is full of crap. Just kinda ran across it by happenstance. Robe should have had his palace after the CWS run. We need to get this stadium completed the right way and on time.
    + 1 THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Wellwe don't know the whole story or what's going on behind the scenesand I am not going to pronounce anyone guilty of anything without proof or convictiongonna kick back and see what happens.
    For me it's not a matter of pronouncing anyone guilty of anything. It's a matter of trying to imagine how Mr. Russo is going to make $5,000,000 in installment payments starting this year when he's being sued by someone who claims he stole the money from them. Innocent or not, that's a heck of a hurdle to overcome.

I hope as much as anyone that somehow someway Tony and his program get the ballpark they deserve, I'm just skeptical that any funding from Russo will be forthcoming at this point. Hope we've got a Plan B in the back pocket.

Edited to add: I assume we're talking about the same Russo.

It would be best not to jump to conclusions.

And, don't let Cajun Disaster Syndrome set in.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information