Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14

Thread: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Default Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Jay . Was the atmosphere a regional like atmosphere? Felt like every pitch was intense on tv
    The play on the field was, yes. Don't know that I can call it a regional atmosphere with 1,300 in attendance.

But the crowd was hanging on just about every pitch.

I had to laugh at one point. D Mo threw a change on the outside corner and didn't get the call. The fathers of Mssr's Charpentier, Moore and Huval all stood up in unison to scream at the umpire.

You can sometimes tell whose dads are dads of pitchers LOL

Yes, I know the attendance was not a regional attendance. Felt like every pitch was a meaningful pitch watching it on tv

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

I had to laugh at one point. D Mo threw a change on the outside corner and didn't get the call. The fathers of Mssr's Charpentier, Moore and Huval all stood up in unison to scream at the umpire.

You can sometimes tell whose dads are dads of pitchers LOL
    I am listening from Houston and heard you say that during the the broadcast. I didnt really understand what you meant at the time. Glad you cleared it up on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    How does that coincide with Clem's return? Having Clem back and Tros coming around makes a HUGE difference
    I think his presence has meant more than his performance. He's hitting just .250 since coming back and today was his first RBI since the final game at Arkansas State eight games ago.

I think his presence has meant more than his performance. He's hitting just .250 since coming back and today was his first RBI since the final game at Arkansas State eight games ago.
    Agreed. He brings stability to the lineup, and I'm confident his production is coming.

I really like the Mills, Clement, Robbins, Trosclair lineup.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I'm convinced Tros is talking to his bat.
    He is. and she wasn't listening to him earlier in the season. I think he must have wrote her a love poem or something. She's starting to like him again. I really like that couple when they're happy.

[QUOTE=sportsfanatic21;897301]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post

Come on man.

Couple things: One, the pitch he got rung up on was not a strike. Don't blame him for his reaction. And he was tossing his bat because he thought he had walked.

Second, as for Jace, you're perspective regarding him is obviously skewed because he played for your team. He played with a TON of arrogance (as did a bunch of others on his teams). And that is a GOOD thing.

Fairly certain the biggest head on that team resided behind home plate those years. Just the way Strentz was.

Jace may have been the most selfless guys I ever seen put on a uni. There is a difference between playing with swagger and acting like you are owed something.

I'll stick with my opinion of Jameson and you can keep yours. The guy is a stud but I don't care for his attitude.

Playing with arrogance and being selfish are nowhere near the same thing.

But ok. We can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I'd be surprised if it's not Harris Tuesday and Guillory Wednesday.
    I was wondering the same thing. but the next week Cajuns travel to Southern Miss Tuesday and we definitely want Guillory on the hump there.

That was a really good team the Cajuns just beat! And I remember Caleb Adams being about the cockiest player when it came to his at bats. I can imagine most of the other teams hated him. I loved it!

12. Default

After the first game of the Georgia State series, Stefan Trosclair was hitting .195.

Since then (14 games), he's hitting .360 and is up to .260 for the season.

I think he's back.

And, that's one reason why we've won 12 out of our last 15.
    I think it's because we've abandoned trying to force this lineup to play small ball.

Tros has hit it hard this year, just an uncanny amount of times, right at people. He also went through a point where he was striking out a lot. Perhaps the odds are evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think it's because we've abandoned trying to force this lineup to play small ball.

Tros has hit it hard this year, just an uncanny amount of times, right at people. He also went through a point where he was striking out a lot. Perhaps the odds are evening.
    He was coming out of the funk before that. Not sure if the chicken or the egg came first as far as the whole team is concerned, but I don't much care either. I'm just glad it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It was Grambling. Jackson St was series last year that the Cajuns played while SLU had to travel a far ways.
    That's correct. You just need to look at who each team played this weekend. Jackson St was in conference, so no open week. Grambling was forced to play something called a Manhattan Christian since UL and SLU cut them out

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14

Thread Information