Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    .Jackson st
    It was Grambling. Jackson St was series last year that the Cajuns played while SLU had to travel a far ways.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I'd like him on my team too but you can bet your ___ the first time he would take 10 minutes to get in the box between pitches Tony would climb in his ___.
    I'll take Thurm's .250 with class over Fisher's .460 with ___ every single time.

Clown show.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'll take Thurm's .250 with class over Fisher's .460 with ___ every single time.

Clown show.
    Apples and oranges. Thurman at .250 behind the plate is valuable. However, with all things being equal, if you take a .250 guy over .460 guy then you have a losing team. There are a lot of a-holes that are super stars in the big leagues. A lot of hard working classy guys get into coaching earlier than they want to.

Default Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Clown show.
    Well not taking into account Thurm's defense and impact on the pitching staff, I have serious doubts that any NCAA head coach would agree with you.

I'd take there guy. Robe would keep him in check. No worries

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    .Jackson st
    Unless you have different info. That's not what Ronnie said.

Sometimes you take a little baggage with .460. Nice series win on the road and 3-1 week. Keep it going Cajuns (almost said Grinders). D-Mo for President 2016

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Well not taking into account Thurm's defense and impact on the pitching staff, I have serious doubts that any NCAA head coach would agree with you.
    I'm talking strictly attitude and personality.

Anyway, to each his own. I don't like the Fisher kid or the way he plays or the way he treated people. That goes for a few of their other players as well Which made the series win that much sweeter.

Let's keep it going men.

It was pretty impressive to not let those two batters beat you.even if it meant walking them.knowing in your mind you could get the next guy for that 3rd out.

D-mo was nails.

Can we say that today's game was one of THOSE games Robe has talked about.you win 1/3, lose 1/3 and the other 1/3 tell you what you're made of?

That was a sweet come-from-behind victory today against a very good SLU team.

Something else Robe has said over the years that stuck with me. I never thought about it until I heard him say it, and Ive paid attention since.and he's right.

In the majority of baseball games, the winning team scores more runs in a single inning than the losing team scores in the entire game.

It's part of his "limit the damage" approach to pitching. And in the last couple of weeks, I'm glad that our offense has Begun to play for big innings.

And btw, we scored 5 runs in the 6th inning today. And SLU scored 4 in the game.

After the first game of the Georgia State series, Stefan Trosclair was hitting .195.

Since then (14 games), he's hitting .360 and is up to .260 for the season.

I think he's back.

And, that's one reason why we've won 12 out of our last 15.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    After the first game of the Georgia State series, Stefan Trosclair was hitting .195.

Since then (14 games), he's hitting .360 and is up to .260 for the season.

I think he's back.

And, that's one reason why we've won 12 out of our last 15.
    How does that coincide with Clem's return? Having Clem back and Tros coming around makes a HUGE difference

Jay . Was the atmosphere a regional like atmosphere? Felt like every pitch was intense on tv

Bren also had a very nice weekend after a few rough games

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information