Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Default Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Agreed. Fisher is a plug and very full of himself. Did you notice his approach when coming to the plate? If you saw it, you know what I mean.
    Stop. If no one could get me out, I'd be cocky too. He was very complimentary after the game yesterday and seems like a decent enough guy. All other teams probably hated Jace Conrad when he was here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I hate their squad. There was waaay too much cocky, especially from Fisher. I realize the kid is leading the country in hitting, but he needs to calm his ___ down. Way too much show. Win the SLC before you start bat flipping and showing people up.

Having said that, the way they PLAY reminded me of several of our teams in the past. Hard nosed, capitalized on mistakes, constantly putting pressure on opposing pitchers.

Good college baseball game today.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Stop. If no one could get me out, I'd be cocky too. He was very complimentary after the game yesterday and seems like a decent enough guy. All other teams probably hated Jace Conrad when he was here, too.
    Agreed. His arrogance has a lot to do with how good of a hitter he is. Not unlike several guys that have played here over the last few years.

I guarantee that a lot of opposing fan bases thought the same way about the majority of our lineup in 2014. Great baseball players are cocky. It's part of what makes them what they are.

Umm yea, whining about a guy being cocky when he's hitting damn near .500 is just being petty. Who gives a ____ how he acts between the lines? As long as he's not doing anything dirty like trying to hurt our players or something I have no problem with it. Matter of fact, I wish he was on our team. We could use some more of the mojo that he brings to the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Umm yea, whining about a guy being cocky when he's hitting damn near .500 is just being petty. Who gives a ____ how he acts between the lines? As long as he's not doing anything dirty like trying to hurt our players or something I have no problem with it. Matter of fact, I wish he was on our team. We could use some more of the mojo that he brings to the lineup.
    This right here ^^^

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I was genuinely nervous every single time they got even 1 runner on base. It felt weirdly similar to our 2014 squad. You just knew they were getting that guy to 3rd base or in scoring position at the very least. They are dangerous. I don't wan to face them again in 2016.

7. Default

Excuse me, we made one game and watched the other on TV. He was a clown show. For my wife to make a comment about how much of a tool this guy was, it HAD to be bad. Not to mention, our pitching staff held his punk ___ in check, so he needs to wiggle his ___ back to the SLC. Our guys had swag and they earned their swag. Most of those kids from 2014 went through hell their first years here. Yea, he's hitting .462. Do it in the postseason.

Learn how to act. Respect the game, respect your opponent, and be a man.

[QUOTE=raginsaints;897286]Stop. If no one could get me out, I'd be cocky too. He was very complimentary after the game yesterday and seems like a decent enough guy. All other teams probably hated Jace Conrad when he was here, too.[/QUOTE

I call it like I see it. He acts like he's owed something at every plate appearance. He needed to be knocked down a few notches. Obviously you missed his look at me reaction when got caught looking.

He had 2 hits all weekend I think?
    The guy is a great hitter and the southland is a good conference but it's still the southland.

Did you seriously just compare arguably the most selfless guy to ever play at the Tigue to Jameson Fisher? GTFO.

[QUOTE=CajunStros;897294]

Stop. If no one could get me out, I'd be cocky too. He was very complimentary after the game yesterday and seems like a decent enough guy. All other teams probably hated Jace Conrad when he was here, too.[/QUOTE

I call it like I see it. He acts like he's owed something at every plate appearance. He needed to be knocked down a few notches. Obviously you missed his look at me reaction when got caught looking.

The guy is a great hitter and the southland is a good conference but it's still the southland.

Did you seriously just compare arguably the most selfless guy to ever play at the Tigue to Jameson Fisher? GTFO.
    He had two hits and one of them was an opposite field bomb and didn't the other score two runs? Also, how many times did he walk? 3 times? He was on base probably 6 times this weekend. That's not really being shut down.

And yes, Jace was a very loud and hyper guy who played with a lot of grit. All of us loved him but to every other team he probably came off "arrogant and cocky" because of it.

I watched all three games this weekend and nothing he did offended me, but I also think the unwritten rules of baseball are stupid and I love when guys show passion. I'd take Jameson Fisher on our team in a second.

In case anyone missed it, Ronnie Rantz spilled the beans on who that "other team" was that both us and SLU were trying to schedule before scheduling the series with each other. It was Grambling.

I'd like him on my team too but you can bet your ___ the first time he would take 10 minutes to get in the box between pitches Tony would climb in his ___.

Stefan Trosclair stands out of the box and stares at his bat in between each pitch lol.

In case anyone missed it, Ronnie Rantz spilled the beans on who that "other team" was that both us and SLU were trying to schedule before scheduling the series with each other. It was Grambling.
    .Jackson st

I'm convinced Tros is talking to his bat.

[QUOTE=CajunStros;897294]

Stop. If no one could get me out, I'd be cocky too. He was very complimentary after the game yesterday and seems like a decent enough guy. All other teams probably hated Jace Conrad when he was here, too.[/QUOTE

Come on man.

Couple things: One, the pitch he got rung up on was not a strike. Don't blame him for his reaction. And he was tossing his bat because he thought he had walked.

Second, as for Jace, you're perspective regarding him is obviously skewed because he played for your team. He played with a TON of arrogance (as did a bunch of others on his teams). And that is a GOOD thing.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information