Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Default Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Cajuns RPI at #15 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Cajuns RPI at #15 now.
    Crazier yet, South Al just lost 2 to App State, that means that we control our destiny in conference.

Edit: I've been drinking and math is hard.

McNeese's RPI (unofficial) is all the way up to #57

Nicholls is down at 227 though.

Do we let the bullpen handle Tuesday and start Guillory on Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Do we let the bullpen handle Tuesday and start Guillory on Wednesday?
    I think that would be preferred but they commented durning the radio broadcast that we may see Guillory on Tuesday.

What we don't want is LSU to get hot and host then we are sent there as the #2 and SLU the #3 seed. They would be a tough #3 seed. Although LSU as a #1 this year would not be as tough as usual. LSU might have a hard time coming out of that regional. A lot of pitchi depth between those 3 teams!

If some how we can catch and pass So Al and win conference with a top 16 RPI or better it's not out of the question to host. But we have a lot yet to improve on, yet we are in decent position as of today.

I'd be surprised if it's not Harris Tuesday and Guillory Wednesday.

There's a lot of rain in the forecast, especially Wednesday. It would be a disappointment to get Wednesday rained out, especially if Tuesday isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Crazier yet, South Al just lost 2 to App State, that means that we control our destiny in conference.

Edit: I've been drinking and math is hard.
    I'm completely sober and math is sill hard.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Agreed. I'd just as soon not see them again.

And I hope they get a decent draw in the postseason. They have the team to do some damage.
    I am sure if you asked them, they would simply be happy to be in the postseason. As it stands now, I think they would be on the outside looking in. But they have enough schedule to get there (assuming they do not win the SLC Tournament) if they keep winning.

Brian

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I like their squad a lot. They will be dangerous in postseason. I hope they make it (but not in our regional)
    I hate their squad. There was waaay too much cocky, especially from Fisher. I realize the kid is leading the country in hitting, but he needs to calm his ___ down. Way too much show. Win the SLC before you start bat flipping and showing people up.

Having said that, the way they PLAY reminded me of several of our teams in the past. Hard nosed, capitalized on mistakes, constantly putting pressure on opposing pitchers.

Good college baseball game today.

12. UL Baseball Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    What we don't want is LSU to get hot and host then we are sent there as the #2 and SLU the #3 seed. They would be a tough #3 seed. Although LSU as a #1 this year would not be as tough as usual. LSU might have a hard time coming out of that regional. A lot of pitchi depth between those 3 teams!
    LSU has a very favorable (RPI) schedule the remainder of the way. Hard to see how they do not finish with a #1 seed resume (but stranger things have happened . like App State win 2/3 from USA). I think that if LSU finishes just over .500 in their remaining games, they are hosting as a #1 seed.

If some how we can catch and pass So Al and win conference with a top 16 RPI or better it's not out of the question to host. But we have a lot yet to improve on, yet we are in decent position as of today.
    Catching South Alabama will still be extremely difficult. The Cajuns will need some help and need to get it close enough to where they do not need a sweep in Mobile to win the league (doubtful, but not impossible).

I think to be considered as a #1 seed and host, the Cajuns would need to take 3/4 from Southern Mississippi and South Alabama (that might not be enough). I think not doing so likely leaves the Cajuns short on resume ammo given they are likely not a league champion and have a suspect record vs. RPI Top 25 and RPI Top 50 (anticipating Northwestern State finishes outside of RPI Top 50) . Yes, even with an RPI ranking of say #14 (that Texas Tech give-away haunts). This is also a year where the committee may try to work in a northern team just outside of the RPI Top 16 as a #1 seed and host . such as Minnesota.

If I had to venture a guess at this point, I would say Cajuns as a #2 seed in Baton Rouge with Tulane and SLU as possible #3 seeds if they finish the season strong (right now both would be out of the field). College Station is also a real possibility. But I see Rice or TCU in College Station as a #2 at the moment.

Brian

Any chance of Guillory moving into the Saturday spot in place of Marks? Wyatt has had some shaky outings as of late and Evan had been nails on the weekdays recently.

14. Default Re: UL vs. SLU (g3)

I'd be surprised if it's not Harris Tuesday and Guillory Wednesday.
    I would like to see Harris on Tuesday, Marks on Wednesday and Guillory on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I hate their squad. There was waaay too much cocky, especially from Fisher. I realize the kid is leading the country in hitting, but he needs to calm his ___ down. Way too much show. Win the SLC before you start bat flipping and showing people up.

Having said that, the way they PLAY reminded me of several of our teams in the past. Hard nosed, capitalized on mistakes, constantly putting pressure on opposing pitchers.

Good college baseball game today.
    Agreed. Fisher is a plug and very full of himself. Did you notice his approach when coming to the plate? If you saw it, you know what I mean.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information