Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Florida vs. UL Game #3

Default Re: Florida vs. UL Game #3

What I saw when they changed pitchers the strike zone on the out side was 3-4 inches off the plate. The pitcher knew this and she continue to throw it. Our batters knew it as well so either swing or get a strike call. We chased so many out side, in the dirt or high pitches I lost count.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Talk about extreme shifts. We play Florida on the road this weekend and App state at home next weekend. I have a feeling the batting average points we lost this weekend will be picked back up and then some this time next week.
    Hope for rain next weekend

All I have to say is I sure hope we're not the number 8 national seed. We didn't see our Cajuns this weekend but I can't see us winning a series against this team, especially at their field.

8 seed would host a super regional, no?

In the last 24 hours or so, our teams have just not performed after a few nice weekends prior. Not just going into Gainsville and take a game, would require a break or two against the best team in the land. SLU isn't a slouch. Friday night even though we beat them, fundamentally the were very sound, especially taking out the lead runner when given the opportunity.

I will take an 8 seed . Don't have to beat them3 times in WCWS

Brian whats the rpi look like after this?

8. Default Re: Florida vs. UL Game #3

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    Brian whats the rpi look like after this?
    I am not calculating the RPI (the full RPI nor the Cajuns' RPI). But I can tell you this .

The Cajuns entered the week with the following:

WP -> .9143
    OWP -> .6168
    OOWP -> .5595
    --
    RPI Bonus -> .0150
    RPI Penalty -> 0.0
    --
    Adjusted RPI -> .6919 (#4 ranking)

Adding the results from the Florida series .

WP -> .8421 (decrease of .0722)
    OWP -> .6413 (increase of .0245)

With OWP having twice the weight of WP, this results in a decrease of .0232.

Now, I do not have the OOWP calculation. But Florida has the #3 OWP in the country. Thus, the Cajuns will also get a bump in their OOWP from .5595.

If you kept the Cajuns' OOWP at .5595 and assumed their RPI bonus is unchanged at .0150 (it likely changes a bit), then the Cajuns' Adjusted RPI falls from .6919 to .6861. Not a steep drop, but would have been good for #8 in last week's RPI rankings. Add in Florida's OOWP contribution and the Cajuns' .5595 OOWP will increase nicely and result in something between a very small overall RPI drop . to break even . or even a very small increase for the Cajuns. Keep in mind that this does not factor in any results from Cajun opponents and opponents' opponents this week.

How this translates to RPI ranking will depend on the above and how the other teams fared around them this week.

Brian

Wowso our Cajuns went 0-3 in Gainsville and it's possible that they can either hold par or even move up in RPI ranking? That's a pretty crazy system

Welcome to the system created to keep the Mizzou's of the world relevant. Yea, sure he just got creamed in 3 straight games, but you played (enter sec school here) so we won't punish you

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Wowso our Cajuns went 0-3 in Gainsville and it's possible that they can either hold par or even move up in RPI ranking? That's a pretty crazy system
    It is better not to say RPI ranking . say RPI. The RPI ranking depends on many things other than the results of the series this weekend.

If this were someone like Tennessee, a sweep at the hands of Florida would have definitely raised their RPI.

Brian

12. Default Re: Florida vs. UL Game #3

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Welcome to the system created to keep the Mizzou's of the world relevant. Yea, sure he just got creamed in 3 straight games, but you played (enter sec school here) so we won't punish you
    Haha! Now the truth is finally spoken!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Florida vs. UL Game #3

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Not ii the ump continues to call the outside pitch five inches off the plate a strike.
    i haven't seen such blatant missed calls like that since greg maddux pitched for the braves.

14. UL Softball Re: Florida vs. UL Game #3

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Adding the results from the Florida series .

WP -> .8421 (decrease of .0722)
    OWP -> .6413 (increase of .0245)

With OWP having twice the weight of WP, this results in a decrease of .0232.

Now, I do not have the OOWP calculation. But Florida has the #3 OWP in the country. Thus, the Cajuns will also get a bump in their OOWP from .5595.

If you kept the Cajuns' OOWP at .5595 and assumed their RPI bonus is unchanged at .0150 (it likely changes a bit), then the Cajuns' Adjusted RPI falls from .6919 to .6861. Not a steep drop, but would have been good for #8 in last week's RPI rankings. Add in Florida's OOWP contribution and the Cajuns' .5595 OOWP will increase nicely and result in something between a very small overall RPI drop . to break even . or even a very small increase for the Cajuns. Keep in mind that this does not factor in any results from Cajun opponents and opponents' opponents this week.
    And the Cajuns' opponents did hurt them this week. While the Cajuns did end up with exactly the .6861 Adjusted RPI above . it settled there because Cajun opponents brought the Cajuns' OWP from .6413 to .6375 (drop of .0076 after weight adjustment). The increase in OOWP expected above (to .5649) was not quite enough to offset. The RPI bonus came in at .0156.

WP -> .8421
    OWP -> .6375
    OOWP -> .5649
    --
    Base RPI -> .6705
    RPI Bonus -> .0156
    RPI Penalty -> 0
    --
    Adjusted RPI -> .6861

Brian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information