Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: UL vs SLU (g2)

1. Default Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

I'll say this about SLU, they have swagger. That's the swagger we had in 99-2000, 12-14. We have not had anything approaching that air of confidence in 15-16.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If you want to compare, you should always look at the RPI value, not the RPI ranking. That said, the Cajuns' RPI value and RPI ranking was up significantly before the result of last evening's game in Hammond was in the books (was .5928 and #15). The loss (0.7 losses) brought them down a bit, but was tempered by the nice OWP contribution. Yes, our opponents helped us yesterday. This is why we are at .5918 and #16 entering action today.

We are at the point where games against the RPI Top 50 and teams close to breaking the RPI Top 50 are more important than the actual effect on the RPI itself. This is because record vs. the RPI Top 50 is important for at-large consideration (also RPI Top 100 and Top 75) as is record vs. RPI Top 25 and RPI Top 50 for #1 seed consideration (a long shot in my opinion). At present, the Cajuns are 3-3 vs. the RPI Top 50 . but a loss today likely puts them at 4-5. The Cajuns also need Northwestern State to hang in the RPI Top 50 (not optimistic given their remaining schedule). Scheduling a Tuesday/Wednesday midweek series against #300 MVSU (4-24) is simply brutal from that standpoint.

The Cajuns have a chance to really make some hay with four road games against #20 Southern Miss (1) and #15 South Alabama (3).

Today is a very important game. I would treat it like a postseason game. And regardless of what happened yesterday, a win today results in a very strong week for the Cajuns.

Brian
    Great info. Thanks, Brian

Default Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

We had swagger in 2012? News to me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'll say this about SLU, they have swagger. That's the swagger we had in 99-2000, 12-14. We have not had anything approaching that air of confidence in 15-16.
    Can't have swagger when you're this inconsistent.

Un fricking believable. Are you guys really _____ing after we took 2/3 from a damn good ball club? I give up. Enjoy the misery fellas

Huval was very ill on Friday. He started to feel poorly again which is why he was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Huval was very ill on Friday. He started to feel poorly again which is why he was removed.
    Good to hear because I was very concerned that he was injured and no one was saying anything about it yet.

I was freakin out over Huval being pulled so quickly. Sorry, coaches.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information