Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: UL vs SLU (g2)

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Isn't Ryne Ray ready to play? Why not let him get an AB?
    He's not healthy yet.

Default Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

Southeastern plays with arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    He's not healthy yet.
    Ah I thought I read something about him being ready or super close to ready a week ago

We gotta come out tomm and charge them in the first inning. And stay on top of them

SLU is a good team. For everyone that's having a hissy fit, we gave them ONE hit and beat them last night. The score tonight is irrelevant. Marks wasn't sharp (some concern there). Huval was good. The other pitchers we threw had about 30 combined innings all year.

And their CF saved them quite a few runs. He made 3 really nice plays and the LF had a nice catch with 2 on.

I fully expect Lee, Carter, and Moore to shut them down tomorrow and we will win the series, which was exactly the goal comng into the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    SLU is a good team. For everyone that's having a hissy fit, we gave them ONE hit and beat them last night. The score tonight is irrelevant. Marks wasn't sharp (some concern there). Huval was good. The other pitchers we threw had about 30 combined innings all year.

And their CF saved them quite a few runs. He made 3 really nice plays and the LF had a nice catch with 2 on.

I fully expect Lee, Carter, and Moore to shut them down tomorrow and we will win the series, which was exactly the goal comng into the weekend.
    My outlook is almost identical to yours. But I think tomorrow's game is anyone's. They still have another solid starter throwing tomorrow. I'm hoping we pull it out, and certainly think we can, but with it being at their place, we will need Lee to set the tone early. If he throws like he did last Sunday, I'm not certain our bats will save the day again. If he throws like he has in most of his other starts, I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    My outlook is almost identical to yours. But I think tomorrow's game is anyone's. They still have another solid starter throwing tomorrow. I'm hoping we pull it out, and certainly think we can, but with it being at their place, we will need Lee to set the tone early. If he throws like he did last Sunday, I'm not certain our bats will save the day again. If he throws like he has in most of his other starts, I like our chances.
    Agreed. But I think Lee is a future superstar. Last week was an outlier, and the defense definitely do him any favors. I think he throws a gem tomorrow and all of the hits from tonight pay off.

And tomorrow's guy for SLU is a lefty, and we've had pretty good success against lefties. Won't be easy, but I think we will win.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    The number of runs in a single game doesn't mean much. What happens if we win tomorrow by 1 run? Do we get penalized because we lost 12-4 tonight? NO
    Ohmy bad. I thought that's how it works.lol

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Ohmy bad. I thought that's how it works.lol
    You're a smart guy. We both know this ain't football. When you make a "football comment" about baseball, expect to get called out on it

I'm always disappointed with a loss.but a loss where we got out-pitched, out-hit, out-defensed, out-hustled, and out everything else.except we had a stupid base running error they didn't have.and one that we have in more games than not. That's what drives me nuts.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    Tough call between that one and the one David King hit at LSU (left field wall) at LSU in '89.

Brian
    david "sky" king! we could use his power right about now.

We lost yet we jumped up to #16 in the RPI. Did our opponents have a good day?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Even though we lost we added all of SLU wins to our RPI calc.

14. UL Baseball Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    If you want to compare, you should always look at the RPI value, not the RPI ranking. That said, the Cajuns' RPI value and RPI ranking was up significantly before the result of last evening's game in Hammond was in the books (was .5928 and #15). The loss (0.7 losses) brought them down a bit, but was tempered by the nice OWP contribution. Yes, our opponents helped us yesterday. This is why we are at .5918 and #16 entering action today.

We are at the point where games against the RPI Top 50 and teams close to breaking the RPI Top 50 are more important than the actual effect on the RPI itself. This is because record vs. the RPI Top 50 is important for at-large consideration (also RPI Top 100 and Top 75) as is record vs. RPI Top 25 and RPI Top 50 for #1 seed consideration (a long shot in my opinion). At present, the Cajuns are 3-3 vs. the RPI Top 50 . but a loss today likely puts them at 4-5. The Cajuns also need Northwestern State to hang in the RPI Top 50 (not optimistic given their remaining schedule). Scheduling a Tuesday/Wednesday midweek series against #300 MVSU (4-24) is simply brutal from that standpoint.

The Cajuns have a chance to really make some hay with four road games against #20 Southern Miss (1) and #15 South Alabama (3).

Today is a very important game. I would treat it like a postseason game. And regardless of what happened yesterday, a win today results in a very strong week for the Cajuns.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    If you want to compare, you should always look at the RPI value, not the RPI ranking. That said, the Cajuns' RPI value and RPI ranking was up significantly before the result of last evening's game in Hammond was in the books (was .5928 and #15). The loss (0.7 losses) brought them down a bit, but was tempered by the nice OWP contribution. Yes, our opponents helped us yesterday. This is why we are at .5918 and #16 entering action today.

We are at the point where games against the RPI Top 50 and teams close to breaking the RPI Top 50 are more important than the actual effect on the RPI itself. This is because record vs. the RPI Top 50 is important for at-large consideration (also RPI Top 100 and Top 75) as is record vs. RPI Top 25 and RPI Top 50 for #1 seed consideration (a long shot in my opinion). At present, the Cajuns are 3-3 vs. the RPI Top 50 . but a loss today likely puts them at 4-5. The Cajuns also need Northwestern State to hang in the RPI Top 50 (not optimistic given their remaining schedule). Scheduling a Tuesday/Wednesday midweek series against #300 MVSU (4-24) is simply brutal from that standpoint.

The Cajuns have a chance to really make some hay with four road games against #20 Southern Miss (1) and #15 South Alabama (3).

Today is a very important game. I would treat it like a postseason game. And regardless of what happened yesterday, a win today results in a very strong week for the Cajuns.

Brian
    Brian, you are wise. Thanks for the explanation.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information