Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: UL vs SLU (g2)

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Solid team? Yesbut 12 to 4?
    The number of runs in a single game doesn't mean much. What happens if we win tomorrow by 1 run? Do we get penalized because we lost 12-4 tonight? NO

Default Re: UL vs SLU (g2)

They good, but not great. We left a lot of men on base. Like 11 so far

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Solid team? Yesbut 12 to 4?
    Tonight, yes. Their center fielder has kept 6 runs off the board.

We've actually hit the ball well. We have 12 hits and they've robbed us of like 4 more.

Gotta just get the runners home

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Yea we need to be playing for a series win at this point. Nothing wrong with 2-1 vs. SLU. A 2-2 week also would be the end of the world. But I don't want to think about that
    They are a solid team. There's no doubt about that. They have been great on defense tonight too. 2-2 this week would not be bad, but we have hit well enough to be 4-0. I really like our chances tomorrow if we pitch and keep up our offensive efforts.

Our pitching tonight has just been head scratching. No one was really effective save Huval who mysteriously disssapperared.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    They are a solid team. There's no doubt about that. They have been great on defense tonight too. 2-2 this week would not be bad, but we have hit well enough to be 4-0. I really like our chances tomorrow if we pitch and keep up our offensive efforts.

Our pitching tonight has just been head scratching. No one was really effective save Huval who mysteriously disssapperared.
    Good news is we have a stable full of arms for tomorrow. Lee, Huval, Carter, D Mo. We clearly threw our B team at the end of the game and rightfully so. Although when we pulled Huval, the game was still winnable.can't argue with that being weird

I am extremely disappointed in the way this game has turned out.but then part of me thinks SELU is just on tonight. I mean really? Look what's going on right now. Yes they are a solid team. But they're just on fire tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

I mean no disrespect, but It's amateur baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I am extremely disappointed in the way this game has turned out.but then part of me thinks SELU is just on tonight. I mean really? Look what's going on right now. Yes they are a solid team. But they're just on fire tonight.
    I think that's the case. We one hit them last night and the flat out ran us out of their place. Kudos to them. This is a clinic on making the most of every opportunity.

We haven't given up in a very lopsided game. We have continued to have some descent AB's throughout. Not enough timely hits tho

Isn't Ryne Ray ready to play? Why not let him get an AB?

We each had 12 hits, as a team, and they had twice as many errors as we did.they won by 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We each had 12 hits, as a team, and they had twice as many errors as we did.they won by 11.
    Baseball is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Baseball is weird.
    I'm thinking the same thing.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information