Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Against the top 5 to 7 or so teams in the country, our pitching will decide if we can compete. Don't know if we have the pitching to get to the WCWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Look Reality, get of your stool. Florida is getting all the credit they deserve. The true cajun fans on here are complaining about the calls they are getting, right are wrong. What I see here is that you are on top of the fence and might not know which way to fall. But by your remarks leaning towards the blue and orange might be the case.
    Don't let him get to you Frenchie. People whose happiness is measured through the hardships of others are just fooling themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think we have the pitching to stop elite level clubs. Hope I'm wrong.
    I believe you are correct.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Don't let him get to you Frenchie. People whose happiness is measured through the hardships of others are just fooling themselves.
    Damn, I didn't read the whole thread but sounds like Reality was wreaking havoc in here

Pitching this year is not our strong suit. Offense is (although it didn't show up today.) Problem is, defense and pitching wins championships. We'll be in the hunt for a WCWS berth once again, imo. You can never count our ladies out when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Damn, I didn't read the whole thread but sounds like Reality was wreaking havoc in here
    I believe that was his intention.

Should have been three up, three down for Deville. I don't understand why easy outs are turning into errors .

Trolls feed off of bad days by the home team. We usually lead them to the trough.

They called that a hit. Haha.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Trolls feed off of bad days by the home team. We usually lead them to the trough.
    It sucks to have a complete letdown when the softball world is watching, but this is not a season ender. Yes, people will always judge us more harshly because we are a small school in a perennially weak conference, but like I said, Mike will spin this well. You learn more in defeat than victory. Embarrassment is a stain that doesn't wash off. The team will remember this, and give it a better go in the postseason. We can still come back and get one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Pitching this year is not our strong suit. Offense is (although it didn't show up today.) Problem is, defense and pitching wins championships. We'll be in the hunt for a WCWS berth once again, imo. You can never count our ladies out when it comes down to it.
    We were 4th nationally in ERA before today. We are playing the 2-time defending champion, #1 ranked team in the country, at their place. There are many good teams that have gotten, and will get beaten up by this team.

Game 1 was more indicative of the difference in the two teams. Game 2 got away from us early (some crappy calls had SOME to do with it) and we are throwing pitchers that rarely see the circle.and this is the result.

I think we will compete tomorrow, but this is as good a team as we've EVER played. And we are doing so without the best player in the country. Nothing about this series makes me feel any differently about our chances to get to Oklahoma City. But it does make me think that winning a national championship would take a miracle.

Reality Check is a LaTuRd toll. They hang their hat on our failures because in the stick and ball sports they have no accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    We were 4th nationally in ERA before today. We are playing the 2-time defending champion, #1 ranked team in the country, at their place. There are many good teams that have gotten, and will get beaten up by this team.

Game 1 was more indicative of the difference in the two teams. Game 2 got away from us early (some crappy calls had SOME to do with it) and we are throwing pitchers that rarely see the circle.and this is the result.

I think we will compete tomorrow, but this is as good a team as we've EVER played. And we are doing so without the best player in the country. Nothing about this series makes me feel any differently about our chances to get to Oklahoma City. But it does make me think that winning a national championship would take a miracle.
    Good post sir. Couldn't have said it better.

Our hitters will have to figure out a way to help our pitchers tomorrow. We don't have shut down pitching.

15. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Reality Check is a LaTuRd toll. They hang their hat on our failures because in the stick and ball sports they have no accomplishments.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I am a softball season ticket holder since 1998. I am just a realist who see things as they are and who chooses to view things through non-colored glasses. It's laughable to read the posts about biased umps and other such nonsense. Maybe UL's hitters did have an off day or maybe Florida's pitching was just so superior that we could have had 9 Lexie's in the lineup and we still wouldn't have been able to get a hit. In regards to some comments about things maybe being different had Lexie been in the lineup, all Florida would have had to do was pitch around her and the result would have still been the same. The one thing about today that can't be disputed was that UL's pitching was exposed today as being marginal. Florida proved the old adage today that good pitching beats good hitting every time. UL will need to get the perfect matchup(s) in a regional and super regional to advance to the WCWS. Very long odds for sure. And in regards to those non-colored glasses, I give kudos to La Tech because they beat UL in football, basketball and baseball this year. Hate them all you want, but they have the wins.
    Last edited by Reality Check; April 16th, 2016 at 05:31 pm. Reason: Typo

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information