Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    So far they have proved it. Those missed calls were insignificant. Gourley was was lights out in game 1. Sure, the ump missed a few calls but UL batters were tentative at best. How many strikes did they take that were right down the pipe? How many rise balls did they swing at that were out of the zone? How many errors did UL have that led to runs? In game 2, Florida just jumped on KJ from the get go. I don't know if things would be any different if Lexie were playing. Give Florida some credit man.
    Florida is legit.!!! They are the best team in the country. And I don't think we are the 5th best team in the country. I think we are top 10. But, not top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post
    Florida is legit.!!! They are the best team in the country. And I don't think we are the 5th best team in the country. I think we are top 10. But, not top 5.
    Name your top 10 for me. Just curious. Because I would imagine you dropped the Cajuns throughout the day right.

I'd say that the hitting has been poor and that's right, especially for this team. But the reality is NO ONE hits off of Florida. Should we be better at the dish, of course, but we've just stepped out of the Sun Belt and into Gainsville. We were not prepared.

It's just not our day today. In game 2, we were out of it before we even recorded an out. Stewart will be back in tomorrow and we will have to find a way to hit these pitchers. You have to score runs of you want to win.

4. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by UL_BayouCajun View Post
    I agree. Need to regroup and make adjustments for the game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Name your top 10 for me. Just curious. Because I would imagine you dropped the Cajuns throughout the day right.

1 Florida
    2. Auburn
    3. Michigan
    4 Alabama
    5. Florida state
    6. Oklahoma
    7. Georgia
    8. UL
    9. Oregon
    10 James Madison

12-0. 2 Cajun errors lead to few more runs for Florida. Get all that stuff out in this game. You'll need to be perfect tomorrow to have a shot.

Kylee and Victoria just need to flush this game. The team as a whole needs to flush it, in fact.

12-0

It's the umpires' fault.

Craighton does what very few have done against the Gators. She homers.

Oh my , we can get a hit . In fact 4 hits . Gotta be perfect but it has happened before

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Ha ha. You give Florida zero credit and blame everything on the umps.
    Look Reality, get of your stool. Florida is getting all the credit they deserve. The true cajun fans on here are complaining about the calls they are getting, right are wrong. What I see here is that you are on top of the fence and might not know which way to fall. But by your remarks leaning towards the blue and orange might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Oh my , we can get a hit . In fact 4 hits . Gotta be perfect but it has happened before
    When we play other high ranked teams, it always seems like the games are tight and that 5 hits and a run may actually be good enough. It has been in the past. We didn't have the pitching today.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I'm not saying they arent the better team either, especially without Elkins. I just wish I could see a well officiated game and let them prove it.
    The good things is, Mike can sell that in the locker room. "Look girls, it was a road series without our best player. We'll learn from this and see them in the postseason." Greg Popavich does this all the time. It works.

That stings. We had them loaded with 1 out and can't plate a run. It's been that kind of day.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    When we play other high ranked teams, it always seems like the games are tight and that 5 hits and a run may actually be good enough. It has been in the past. We didn't have the pitching today.
    Unfortunately, I don't think we have the pitching to stop elite level clubs. Hope I'm wrong.

No faith lost here .

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information