Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Umpires are not the reason we are getting beat.
    We will never know the answer to that. Ump squeezes the zone early, pitcher gets behind in counts than has to put it on a tee for Florida to hit it. On the other hand we have to swing at a strike zone that is 3 feet circle. That's not even counting the two bunts that hit bats for outs or the terrible call at first. So I guess I'm disagreeing with you. It won't look like this in regionals with neutral umpires.

Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

If an out is an out then those runs dont score so yea the umps are losing game 2 for us.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    You're right. A couple of bad calls aren't helping.but their pitching is shutting down our hitting.and our pitching isn't good enough to shut them down.
    Not knocking anyone. FLA just miles better.

Les miles has nothing to do with it. 2 free base runners on outs does. Doesnt mean we would win but it would not be 7 0.

5. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We will never know the answer to that. Ump squeezes the zone early, pitcher gets behind in counts than has to put it on a tee for Florida to hit it. On the other hand we have to swing at a strike zone that is 3 feet circle. That's not even counting the two bunts that hit bats for outs or the terrible call at first. So I guess I'm disagreeing with you. It won't look like this in regionals with neutral umpires.
    Ha ha. You give Florida zero credit and blame everything on the umps.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not saying they arent the better team either, especially without Elkins. I just wish I could see a well officiated game and let them prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yep. Just not competitive so far in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Florida is number one and they would have probably won the first and be winning this game anyway. Are you watching the game are following stats looking at numbers. In 8 innings I've seen 4 outs where Florida players got on base because of bad or missed calls.

No doubt, We have to play a lot better .
    Florida is better than us TODAY .
    TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY

UL pitchers have two choices. Hit the corners and walk every batter or throw down the middle and give up the home run.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    UL pitchers have two choices. Hit the corners and walk every batter or throw down the middle and give up the home run.
    Hey reality check. Someone's paying attention.

Wow first base ump really thought about if he could call the last out safe and the baserunner was 5 steos away

40 pitches and 8 runs

14. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    So far they have proved it. Those missed calls were insignificant. Gourley was was lights out in game 1. Sure, the ump missed a few calls but UL batters were tentative at best. How many strikes did they take that were right down the pipe? How many rise balls did they swing at that were out of the zone? How many errors did UL have that led to runs? In game 2, Florida just jumped on KJ from the get go. I don't know if things would be any different if Lexie were playing. Give Florida some credit man.

A few calls have definitely changed the scoring margin. But one team has been significantly better than the other today.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information