Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

The old adage is that good pitching beats good pitching??

Hmm

2. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    The old adage is that good pitching beats good pitching??

Hmm
    Edited. Thanks for catching that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. I am a softball season ticket holder since 1998. I am just a realist who see things as they are and who chooses to view things through non-colored glasses. It's laughable to read the posts about biased umps and other such nonsense. Maybe UL's hitters did have an off day or maybe Florida's pitching was just so superior that we could have had 9 Lexie's in the lineup and we still wouldn't have been able to get a hit. In regards to some comments about things maybe being different had Lexie been in the lineup, all Florida would have had to do was pitch around her and the result would have still been the same. The one thing about today that can't be disputed was that UL's pitching was exposed today as being marginal. Florida proved the old adage today that good pitching beats good pitching every time. UL will need to get the perfect matchup(s) in a regional and super regional to advance to the WCWS. Very long odds for sure. And in regards to those non-colored glasses, I give kudos to La Tech because they beat UL in football, basketball and baseball this year. Hate them all you want, but they have the wins.
    Come on dude, don't whizz down our necks and tell us it's raining. Your handle alone tells everyone you're here with an agenda.

I bet I read as many posters saying Florida was the better team as I read posters commenting about the umps.

If we beat the Necksters in baseball in the upcoming matchup, will you be here complimenting the Cajuns? Can't wait.

4. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Come on dude, don't whizz down our necks and tell us it's raining. Your handle alone tells everyone you're here with an agenda.

I bet I read as many posters saying Florida was the better team as I read posters commenting about the umps.

If we beat the Necksters in baseball in the upcoming matchup, will you be here complimenting the Cajuns? Can't wait.
    Ha ha. Your handle tells me your agenda. The funny thing is that I don't need need any Boudreaux's because I am not chapped that UL got beat by a better team. Non-colored glasses my friend. No excuses about bad calls, playing in their stadium or not having Lexie in the lineup. My philosophy is next woman up. Nobody stepped up today. Florida is the just simply the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
    Ha ha. Your handle tells me your agenda. The funny thing is that I don't need need any Boudreaux's because I am not chapped that UL got beat by a better team. Non-colored glasses my friend. No excuses about bad calls, playing in their stadium or not having Lexie in the lineup. My philosophy is next woman up. Nobody stepped up today. Florida is the just simply the better team.
    Wow, you figured out all by yourself I'm a fan (short for fanatic)?

If you think I'm chapped because the Cajuns got beat by a better team, then you're dead wrong. There's a reason Florida is ranked #1 and everyone here seems to agree that the better team won.

As others have said, if the Cajuns come away having learned something that makes them better, then it's not a total loss.

Florida has run ruled several teams that will be in a regional, supers and probably the WCWS. Someone mentioned it before. Game 1 was more of a representation of how the matchup would go. They were perfect, we made mistakes and couldn't hit their pitcher. Game 2 got away from us because we pitched our 2, 3 and 4 pitchers. We had some hits and base runners, but just couldn't capitalize. Tomorrow's game is a chance at redemption.

I don't believe many Cajun softball fans are going to start doubting this team. I'm my opinion, and I'm sure many of you will agree, UL is a WCWS team. They just need to play to their talent level and get some breaks along the way. When they are on, they can beat anyone in the country. Including Florida.

AMEN

I think this Florida team compares to some of the UCLA teams in their period of domination. Think Lisa Fernandez era.

I don't think the umps were biased they were just bad. I'm assuming it was an SEC crew but didn't like the way they called game two especially from behind the plate.

Game 3. Cajuns had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Cassidy slaps into a triple play. Damn.

10. Default Re: Louisiana @ Florida: G1 & 2

Ugh. Unfortunate triple play. Though for the last out, the second baseman did not need to throw to first for the final out . she could have simply tagged Gremillion whom was standing with her on second base.

Brian

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10

Thread Information