Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL's Nixon works at quarterback in spring practice

1. UL Football UL's Nixon works at quarterback in spring practice

Surgically repaired foot is still not healed for senior-to-be Jalen Nixon

Default Re: UL's Nixon works at quarterback in spring practice

This is terrifying

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    This is terrifying
    Not really. His foot isn't ready to run so they are just getting him reps. If nothing else it helps him learn the new offense (if there is one).

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Not really. His foot isn't ready to run so they are just getting him reps. If nothing else it helps him learn the new offense (if there is one).
    Agree seems like something for him to do so he can participate at practice until his foot heals. Reminds of Mcquire situation.

My question would be, is he taking reps away from our young inexperienced QB's who obviously need them?

6. UL Football Re: UL's Nixon works at quarterback in spring practice

Yes he is, and he will be an option in some plays as a wildcat quarterback, or some trick play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yes he is, and he will be an option in some plays as a wildcat quarterback, or some trick play.
    Yes, but if everyone knows when he's in there, he's gonna run, is it really a trick play?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Some words come to mind.

High school offense.

Houston Nutt.

Vomit inducing.

This is nothing to worry about.......yet.

Maybe it's just me, but every time I hear comments about our QB's in competition, it's always weighted towards the guy who has experience or been there or has done it before. It could be coach speak, but it's rarely about ability. The comments are always made to look like the QB's are so close in talent. It hints to me, lack the ability to really evaluate the QB position. This obviously showed up last year, but I would hope that they (coaches) could improve in this area.

From reading huds quotes, Jordan Davis is the clear cut starter. I have no problem having Nixon get some reps in case JD goes down, Nixon can then step in as the #2 behind Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Some words come to mind.

High school offense.

Houston Nutt.

Vomit inducing.
    I recall Nutt's offense with McFadden and Felix Jones to be very good. You could also claim Munoz offense with Mike D and Fenroy to be "high schoolish" but it worked. I'm game for whatever works and wins games.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Yep, not really understanding why people find this surprising. He still learns the offense at QB and I still think he will be used at QB in the pistol inside the redzone and short yardage packages because of his size. But right now he can not really take hits at RB or any other position. Also keep in mind that Hudspeth might not be ready to trust either freshman at this time as the backup, he said yesterday both have a long way to go between now and the start of the season.

Sugar coat it all you want...not healed, reps, whatever. Smells like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sugar coat it all you want...not healed, reps, whatever. Smells like last year.
    Nothing to sugar coat, this is Hudspeth we are talking about. After last year why are you or anyone surprised? I'm just stating what he is saying to the media and anyone else, but I'm not surprised.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information