Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2016: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    We are LARC
    if they change the ticker to LARC can we be LARP ( Louisiana's Ragin Pagin)

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Christmas is here! Let's hope TPTB don't break the new toys.
    This might be fun. Page 60, but not done reading yet.

XIV.
    Reorganize
    fundraising/development in ICA under umbrella of
    Senior Associate AD for Development

"Loved" the ULM interview. Could not find anyone with a little more Cajun game day experience from Monroe since 2008?

Really? (starts page 74)

Akron interview hit on the lack of coordination of pregame music. My pet peeve on game day. Think this kills the "electricity" the App State guy talked about? You bet.

Don't like the pepper. I get what they're saying though. If the kids like it, they're our future fan base. We've not had a generational physical mascot in decades. If kids like it today, their kids may 20 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    Much to absorb in just the 'Branding' section, but so far this really sticks out to me:

"LARC" as a 'ticker' instead of ULL. LARaginCajuns.
    So we just paid these people to tell us we need to brand ourselves along with reversible contraception and mentally handicapped people.

Geez. Some things never change.

5. Ragin' Cajuns Athletics: Ragin' Cajuns Release Consultant Report

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is exploring ways to broaden the fan base and increase self-generated revenue for Ragin' Cajun athletics.

6. Default UL releases consultant's athletics report

Mike Alden's report is made public

Default Re: Alden Report Released by University of Louisiana Athletics

ULA will not be done for fear of legal action.

LARC should not be done for obvious reasons.

LRC seems like a reasonable option.

Uh, so what's new?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabil123 View Post
    After a cursory review, the obvious item that stood out to me was Student fees
    Ar. State generated $4,567,829
    Conference USA ( assume it was an average) $9,388,836
    It's something I've mentioned a number of times on this board. You can not do it without adding student fees at some point. It puts your program at a competitive disadvantage.

Lot's of good stuff in that report. It is apparent that what some have said here for years is true. In some cases you have to spend money to make money (marketing, investing in production equipment, etc.)!

It will be very interesting to see how quickly, and to what degree, the administration moves on some of these suggestions.

I have always wondered why we don't utilize the communications department for camera angles at our games. It would be great training for the students and a benefit for the sport it is covering.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Lot's of good stuff in that report. It is apparent that what some have said here for years is true. In some cases you have to spend money to make money (marketing, investing in production equipment, etc.)!

It will be very interesting to see how quickly, and to what degree, the administration moves on some of these suggestions.
    Agree Duggie35, there are number of things that this report has stated and have been discussed on this forum many times. 1) Better Football scheduling, Game Day Management and Sponsors, Branding and potential revenue (student fees and reseating). None of us have backgrounds in sports administration, but it's been clear for years now that had we had people capable of doing these minimal task as our competition has had, we would be much further along in development. Sadly this report only reinforces what I've thought has been our problem for sometime now in the athletic department, the lack of leadership and competency at certain levels.

Two good things moving forward, we have the roadmap and we will retain the services of these consultants. Now let's see what we can do with this master plan going forward.

Much to absorb in just the 'Branding' section, but so far this really sticks out to me:

Interesting that he talks about the importance of branding us as LOUISIANA, yet throughout the report, he calls us Louisiana Lafayette. You would think he would call us LOUISIANA throughout the report once he made the official reference, like he did using UL. A lot to still digest.

A recap of Ragin' Pagin' ramblings over the last 15 years.

The fine print under that clearly says that what he meant to say was: "The people UL has been employing in marketing, branding and promoting clearly were moonlighting from their day jobs as donated clothing sorters at LARC."

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information