Thread: Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

1. Track & Field Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

Call it the return of the native, Cajun style.

2. Default Re: Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Call it the return of the native, Cajun style.

---Calling VOB---So the kid Emile Trahan from VC ran a 10.53 100 meter last week---Is he actually faster than some of our sprinters??? Heard he wanted to walk on somewhere in FB---You know anything??

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Calling VOB---So the kid Emile Trahan from VC ran a 10.53 100 meter last week---Is he actually faster than some of our sprinters??? Heard he wanted to walk on somewhere in FB---You know anything??
    10.53 is probably a VC record if I had to guess. That is slightly slower than most of our sprinters. Maybe .15 sec but I would have killed to run a 10.53.

4. Default Re: Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    10.53 is probably a VC record if I had to guess. That is slightly slower than most of our sprinters. Maybe .15 sec but I would have killed to run a 10.53.
    ----Well I guess this kid has "BLAISEing" Speed!!! The article mentioned that he doesn't practice much since he is playing baseball!!!

Well I guess this kid has "BLAISEing" Speed!!! The article mentioned that he doesn't practice much since he is playing baseball!!!

I wouldn't have been a Cajun if I ran 10.53 lol. How small is he?

Default Re: Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

What meet was that, and was it hand timed or electronically timed? if that is FAT (fully automatic timing), that would make him tied for the 24th fastest time in the country for a high school student this year.

7. Default Re: Leleux provides highlight for La. Classics Day 2

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    What meet was that, and was it hand timed or electronically timed? if that is FAT (fully automatic timing), that would make him tied for the 24th fastest time in the country for a high school student this year.
    ---Please refer all questions to my attorney---ah VOB!!!

I haven't worked a meet in 6 or 7 years but the last few I worked everything was hand timed.

Most likely ur was hand timed. But that would still equate to a 10.65 at worse which is still pretty darn fast.

I seriously doubt that the 10.53 was FAT. The few times I have seen him run it has been in pads, and he did not look particularly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Most likely ur was hand timed. But that would still equate to a 10.65 at worse which is still pretty darn fast.
    Assuming a good timer was hand operating the clock. Not always a good assumption at early meets.

What has Raymond Calais run the 100 in this year?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Assuming a good timer was hand operating the clock. Not always a good assumption at early meets.
    you beat me to it. I have seen hand clocked times off by as much as a half a second If it wasn't clocked with electronics, most organizations won't even recognize it.

here is a widely used guideline, which would give him a 10.84

To convert from hand to FAT for sprints up to 200 meters (55 hurdles, 70, 100, 200 & 200 hurdles):

This procedure is used by both the Big Gold book and NFHS. First round the time up to the nearest tenth. Then add 0.24. For example, if an athlete runs 8.51 in the 55 hurdles, it should be rounded up to 8.6. If on your meet sheet you already correctly rounded up to 8.6 you do not need to do it again. Now add the conversion of 0.24 which gives a final time of 8.84.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    What has Raymond Calais run the 100 in this year?
    La.Milesplit.com only has one 2016 entry so far (his PR was at the state championships last year, 10.57, where he came out 3rd)

10.94 Westgate High School Tiger Relays Mar 24, 2016 (If I remember correctly, Westgate used FAT when my boys ran there a couple of years ago, but I can't remember for sure)

Thread Information