Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cal Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Since when is 39 days "a while"?
    When you have a toothache?

2. Default Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I had no issues with the final play calling defensively or offensively. UCI got a little fortunate in having that last bucket drop. We had a chance to cinch it and it just didn't happen. I have no doubt Shawn was fouled on that last shot. but you take the risk in tournament games that refs are just going to let it go.

The only thing I would have probably done if I were Marlin. is to have called the play I wanted on that full time out. and then spent the remainder of it getting in the ear of one of the referees about how your big man is getting hacked when he takes it to the basket. That may have set us up for triggering the whistle. But as someone else pointed out. had we won this game. it would have felt like we stole it from UCI considering how cold we were from long range.
    ---Nice summary and thoughts!

Default Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Don't fret guys. Basketball season will be back in 34 weeks. Rest up. Now how about throwing that support to the women's team.?

Have you been to Irvine, CA? Orange County, CA is a nice place to go to school, and that's a highly populated area. We do need to up our recruiting, but UCI is a good school, in a nice area.
    Irvine is OK, but let's not get crazy now. If I was going to UCI, it would be for the quality of education more so than the city of Irvine. Irvine is on the interior of OC, so to get to anything that you guys associate with Orange County (aka the beaches) then you have to drive about 15 minutes to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Don't fret guys. Basketball season will be back in 34 weeks. Rest up. Now how about throwing that support to the women's team.?
    If I wouldn't be at a bachelor party this weekend, I'd be at that game, for sure. Women's team deserves everyone's full support. EKL better be packed on Saturday. Game is at 4pm.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Aw get out of here with that ****. No one wants to hear that.
    Happy Easter, Reb!!!

Z

When you have a toothache?
    Perhaps.

but just saying, the best team to come to the dome in a while didn't come last night. They came only a few weeks ago. If no one remembers they won our league's regular season and tourney and won a game in the NCAA. They also had the nation's best record before being ousted from the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Stove's foul was the 5th. They had one more to give.
    I was screaming foul but they didn't. They could have foul and there would have been Less then three seconds on the clock before the clock manager would have stopped the clock. UCI had no time outs to take. Trap after the inbound and no under the rim shotmaybe a win right there.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Irvine is OK, but let's not get crazy now. If I was going to UCI, it would be for the quality of education more so than the city of Irvine. Irvine is on the interior of OC, so to get to anything that you guys associate with Orange County (aka the beaches) then you have to drive about 15 minutes to get there.
    That's right. it is a good school. I worked for a company headquartered in Irvine and if you get locals to show you around, it's a pretty sweet place to be. It is ridiculously expensive to own a home. And it is crowded as a mofo. But young people from the west coast (and a lot of midwesterners) love it in that area. A lot of students work as waiters and bartenders in the upscale places that attract the massive professional community. I don't think it's a great place for a young southerner to live and go to school. but I can see where they have a large recruiting base and are an attractive school to recruit to.

Perhaps.

but just saying, the best team to come to the dome in a while didn't come last night. They came only a few weeks ago. If no one remembers they won our league's regular season and tourney and won a game in the NCAA. They also had the nation's best record before being ousted from the NCAA tournament.
    Agree. but he wasn't that far off. Little Rock is the only team that visited the Cajundome this year that was better than UCI. So the comment was not that far off.

11. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Fellas lets let it go. In the end all that this tourney accomplished was allowing Marlin to get his bonus for mediocrity. Hopefully it didn't buy him another 5 year contract. It certainly did nothing to increase Longs stock in the NBA draft.

Happy Easter

Z
    Z, all we gotta remember is we were not NCAA, or NIT worthy. Yes, we could have been, might have been, and we could join Monmouth and others complaining about the unfairness of the seeding and invitation process. Yet again we had no cause of action. Somehow Bob clouded his failure to be a team of relevance in the NCAA process by complaining for all the worthy at large teams that did not get an invite.

Bob we all know the system if fixed so go out and win the tournament, win a regular season championship. Losing to Cal Irvine in the CIT is so unremarkable, so unheralded an event it doesn't even make the score scroll at the bottom of the ESPN, CBS, or Fox cable channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Fellas lets let it go. In the end all that this tourney accomplished was allowing Marlin to get his bonus for mediocrity. Hopefully it didn't buy him another 5 year contract. It certainly did nothing to increase Longs stock in the NBA draft.

Happy Easter

Z
    But, he had another double, double.

I went to two games this year. First game, Cajuns were 1 of 18 from three point land. Last night they were 5 for 24. That's 6 for 42 for 14.2%. I have better things to do than watch a team miss 85.8% of the time. Until Marlin recruits basketball players instead of athletes, I'm not going back. Sorry, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Z, all we gotta remember is we were not NCAA, or NIT worthy. Yes, we could have been, might have been, and we could join Monmouth and others complaining about the unfairness of the seeding and invitation process. Yet again we had no cause of action. Somehow Bob clouded his failure to be a team of relevance in the NCAA process by complaining for all the worthy at large teams that did not get an invite.

Bob we all know the system if fixed so go out and win the tournament, win a regular season championship. Losing to Cal Irvine in the CIT is so unremarkable, so unheralded an event it doesn't even make the score scroll at the bottom of the ESPN, CBS, or Fox cable channels.
    Again, Coach only responded to the NCAA mid major snubs from a question. He did not bring it up. Agree this tourney did not mean much nationally and we have to do better in the regular season and conference tourney to get the recognition we all want. The team we had this year was simply not talented enough to do that. Need to recruit better in order to get there. Still, as I indicated in an earlier post, guys on the team are still hurting this morning. They put out a great effort and last night and not being rewarded with a win will eat at them for days.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I went to two games this year. First game, Cajuns were 1 of 18 from three point land. Last night they were 5 for 24. That's 6 for 42 for 14.2%. I have better things to do than watch a team miss 85.8% of the time. Until Marlin recruits basketball players instead of athletes, I'm not going back. Sorry, Bob.
    so what you are saying is it was your fault. Roar brought the jinx with him.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information