Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    .and he got the roll. Man oh man
    Had a foul to give. Should have fouled him the minute he got to the lane before he pulled up to shoot.

Default Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Who thinks Cajuns are going to jack up an off balance 3 5' behind the arc here?

Did Long get fouled? Certain crews we know would have called that.

Well, it was a good effort when they didn't play near their best. We had the ball with a chance to win, but as was the same many times this year they have not been able to finish when the opportunity was there.

The CIT is what it is, but I'm still glad that these guys got a chance to play 3 more when they could have easily hung it up like so many other teams.

Those refs were very scared to blow a whistle on UC Irvine's big men

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Did Long get fouled? Certain crews we know would have called that.
    From where I was sitting, looked like he got a full arm across his chest. Thing is, not much is called in that game situation. So I'm not surprised nothing was called.

Got a good look just didn't fall. Can't ask for much better shot in that situation. Tough break with the fortuitous bounce on the other end. It was right there for the taking.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

yay

Attached Images Attached Images  

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

For being that cold behind the arc they worked their butts off defensively to stay competitive. It was a gutsy effort. UCI is a good program. And that dang Young was just too deadly early. The refereeing was far from spectacular. The reality of it is. you can't expect to win with that many missed 3s. but they were one shot. one whistle. away from taking it.

Honestly, I'm glad the season is over. I woulda have liked to win the CIT, but it's been a long season. I'm interested to see what we will be like without an Elfrid Payton or Shawn Long on the roster.

11. Default Re: Louisiana vs Cal Irvine

Passed larry bird, bill walton and the admiral david robinson in career double doubles, amazing career! Narrowly missed catching lew alcindor

I saw the replay walking out. Long clearly got fouled twice.

Either way, we didn't play well enough to win, but I was proud of the way they fought back. Too bad we can't play more basketball. Tonight was a lot of fun.

It sounded like Jay was about to interview Coach Marlin and the mic cut off and the fight song started playingwhat gives?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I saw the replay walking out. Long clearly got fouled twice.

Either way, we didn't play well enough to win, but I was proud of the way they fought back. Too bad we can't play more basketball. Tonight was a lot of fun.
    The tournament was fun. I'm always a fan of more basketball. They dominated 2 games and had a close one that would have been decided by 1 point one way or the other. Had we just called it quits after the conference tourney, then the season would have been an utter disappointment. The CiT made it far from a success, but we got a couple more wins, another week of basketball and had some fun along the way. Most teams can't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    From where I was sitting, looked like he got a full arm across his chest. Thing is, not much is called in that game situation. So I'm not surprised nothing was called.
    Fully agree, most refs, good and bad, keep the whistle on their chest for a last second shot.

That said, not complaining. I'm a believer that if the last 2 seconds cost us the game, why play the other 39:58. Besides 1-11 from 3 in first half about sums it up.

Thank you seniors for working towards your degrees, representing our university. May God be with you each as HE leads you into the next season of your lives.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information