Thread: Cajuns Outlast McNeese in Extras, Extend Win Streak

1. Ragin' Cajuns Cajuns Outlast McNeese in Extras, Extend Win Streak

The No. 5-ranked Ragin' Cajuns softball team erased a 4-3 deficit in the seventh inning on a one-out RBI single by Lexie Elkins, forging extra innings, and eventually outlasted visiting McNeese State in nine innings by a 5-4 count in front of 1,981 at Lamson Park on Wednesday evening.

Homes SO Clean

2. UL Softball Terrio's single in ninth lifts Cajuns to 5-4 win

UL — Taylor Terrio has been up to bat in a big spot for Louisiana for two consecutive games.Wednesday night's effort against McNeese State saw Terrio find herself up with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning and nobody out

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

3. UL Softball Advertiser No. 5 Cajuns survive McNeese in 9

UL comes back to force extra innings.

Default Re: Cajuns Outlast McNeese in Extras, Extend Win Streak

So, some people estimated 1,200 fans at the basketball game last night.

The article says 1,981 at softball game vs. McNeese.

More Cajun fans chose to watch a mid-week softball game in March than a post season basketball game at the Cajun dome.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

More Cajun fans chose to watch a mid-week softball game in March than a post season basketball game at the Cajun dome.
    Nice crowd at Lamson. MacNeese brought their usual 50 or 60 fans. A few less than Oregon brought last month.

I was torn between going to both as I have season tickets to both. I ended up going to Lamson because I went to New Orleans last weekend for basketball.

I was at both. The numbers are accurate. Disappointing for hoops. I thought at least double would be at basketball based off of the numbers at the CIT game last year, but that may have been because of the novelty of playing at Blackham and the fact that it was 3rd round of the tourney and not the 1st. Not to mention the game at Lamson vs McNeese, which tends to draw some interest from fans.

A whole lot more fans have faith that the coach of said softball team will have his athletes ready to perform, and as a result, get their money's worth.

The softball team is #5 in the country. Put even a Top 50 team on the court, and it wouldn't be a question as to who draws a larger attendance. Softball is more than earning their fan support.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    I was at both. The numbers are accurate. Disappointing for hoops. I thought at least double would be at basketball based off of the numbers at the CIT game last year, but that may have been because of the novelty of playing at Blackham and the fact that it was 3rd round of the tourney and not the 1st. Not to mention the game at Lamson vs McNeese, which tends to draw some interest from fans.

Furman drew under 900 for Ulmost in the first round. 860 if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Furman drew under 900 for Ulmost in the first round. 860 if I remember right.
    Attendance at the Cajundome was 1,205.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Attendance at the Cajundome was 1,205.
    That was my guess. And it could have been worse. I guess that a few were like me.who felt a little obligated towards the players to be there.but were not terribly excited about it.

I suspect the lack of interest was duly noted.

I had every intention to do both as I did purchase my bb tickets but the softball game was too interesting to leave and when it ended the bb game was over

12. Default Re: Cajuns Outlast McNeese in Extras, Extend Win Streak

Let's not confuse basketball fans with fools.

CIT first round nothing to write home about. Meanwhile Lexie chasing history. I know where I'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Let's not confuse basketball fans with fools.

CIT first round nothing to write home about. Meanwhile Lexie chasing history. I know where I'd be.
    Yep.although my wife talked me into basketball.

The fact that a midweek softball game outdrew a "postseason" basketball game is a direct reflection on the state of our basketball program. Not good.

Thread Information