Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at McNeese

Default Re: Louisiana at McNeese

I still have faith in this team, it's in my blood. It really is way too early to freak out about anything like some have said. The only loss to this date that really ticks me off is Texas Tech because we had them dead to rights and they had no business winning that game. The way we battled and fought to win against Rice shows this team has what it takes without a doubt. Blake Fox was Rice's #1 or #2 guy all of last year. That was no slouch that we beat.

We will prob lose a few more games before we get rolling, but I know these guys will hit a hot streak come mid season. They still have Shug in the dugout to fire them up.

McNeese beat us last year at the Tigue in 17 innings . that was a tougher loss I thought than this one.

We will be fine when the new guys start hitting; and some of the old guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Trout View Post
    I posted last week that we should not lose mid week games.
    As of right now 292 teams have played at least one game this year (pure mid-week game data is difficult to assimilate) but the majority of it is OOC at this time and you would expect better teams to be playing lesser opponents. Parity tends to come in more once you get to conference play. So logic would dictate you have a number of power programs undefeated and a bunch of lesser programs with lots of L's.

In reality only 11 teams remain undefeated out of those 292 teams and we are only a few weeks into the season. In the SEC only two of fourteen teams are undefeated. Same goes for the ACC. Every team in the PAC 12 has a loss. If you look at the Div1 baseball poll only three teams in the top 25 are undefeated.

I'm disappointed in our start but the fundamentals are there and we will come around. Point I'm trying to make is that not losing mid-week games is not realistic. This isn't football with only twelve games. We've got 56 games to play before we even get to the conference tournament.

Sacred Heart might help with our confidence and is probably a needed break at home. Next week against Tulane, Troy and then Northwestern is where we get a chance to see if the bats are coming around.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    As of right now 292 teams have played at least one game this year (pure mid-week game data is difficult to assimilate) but the majority of it is OOC at this time and you would expect better teams to be playing lesser opponents. Parity tends to come in more once you get to conference play. So logic would dictate you have a number of power programs undefeated and a bunch of lesser programs with lots of L's.

In reality only 11 teams remain undefeated out of those 292 teams and we are only a few weeks into the season. In the SEC only two of fourteen teams are undefeated. Same goes for the ACC. Every team in the PAC 12 has a loss. If you look at the Div1 baseball poll only three teams in the top 25 are undefeated.

I'm disappointed in our start but the fundamentals are there and we will come around. Point I'm trying to make is that not losing mid-week games is not realistic. This isn't football with only twelve games. We've got 56 games to play before we even get to the conference tournament.

Sacred Heart might help with our confidence and is probably a needed break at home. Next week against Tulane, Troy and then Northwestern is where we get a chance to see if the bats are coming around.
    It's not about stats, it's not about who we're losing to. It's about how WE are playing and how we appear to be mentally absent or inferior.

We can't sit here and say "every team is different" and then proceed to compare past teams with the current one.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's not about stats, it's not about who we're losing to. It's about how WE are playing and how we appear to be mentally absent or inferior.
    Don't disagree.

Wasn't what I was addressing.

Well it seems to me the fundamentals of playing are not there.or we would not be making so many basic errors, or lacking in bats, etc.

But the fundamentals of a team loaded with talent and being coached by one of the greats is there, and those two will win out as we progress though the season.

Every team we play seem to be doing fine at going out and playing baseball. Oh and their seasons started when we did. Those teams will only get better. This team is weak. Yeah we will get better, blah blah blah but so will everyone else. Our identity at this point is we suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Every team we play seem to be doing fine at going out and playing baseball. Oh and their seasons started when we did. Those teams will only get better. This team is weak. Yeah we will get better, blah blah blah but so will everyone else. Our identity at this point is we suck.
    You forget one little detail, not every team gets better and not every team has Tony Robicheaux steering the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You forget one little detail, not every team gets better and not every team has Tony Robicheaux steering the ship.
    Best understatement I've read in quite a while.

Guys, there was just too much turnover from last season to warrant such a high ranking. That's a fact. You're witnessing Robe make the sausage right now. The Chef knows what he is doing.

Now, next season, there should be little to none of the early season meal planning. That gumbo will be awesome from Opening Day.

11. Default

Don't disagree.

Wasn't what I was addressing.
    I was more or less adding to your point

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Guys, there was just too much turnover from last season to warrant such a high ranking. That's a fact. You're witnessing Robe make the sausage right now. The Chef knows what he is doing.

Now, next season, there should be little to none of the early season meal planning. That gumbo will be awesome from Opening Day.
    Too many folks, including myself, didn't want to believe this, but it is now obviously true. So we will have a very good season this year, and a fantastic one after that. Just in time to have a new stadium to hold any post-season activity. ;-)

I agree with everything you said except fundamentals being there. Errors on simple easy outs, can't bunt, no sacrifice flys, bad baserunning. Fundamentals. Mcneese just had basic fundamentals and didn't lose the game

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I agree with everything you said except fundamentals being there. Errors on simple easy outs, can't bunt, no sacrifice flys, bad baserunning. Fundamentals. Mcneese just had basic fundamentals and didn't lose the game
    And one game doesn't make a season. Fundamentals have always been there for the Cajuns (over a season). If you want to take this one game and make that statement no argument and I won't disagree.

If you want to make the argument that Mcneese is a fundamentally better baseball team than the Cajuns over a season I'll take that beat. Pick one stat where you think that McNeese (in the Southland) will finish better than the Cajuns and lets beat a beer on it (or a softdrink if you prefer) to be decided after the South Al. series. Payoff at one of the ULM games.

Its all for fun and if the Cajuns don't improve I'm gonna need more than one beer anyway!

And one game doesn't make a season. Fundamentals have always been there for the Cajuns (over a season). If you want to take this one game and make that statement no argument and I won't disagree.

If you want to make the argument that Mcneese is a fundamentally better baseball team than the Cajuns over a season I'll take that beat. Pick one stat where you think that McNeese (in the Southland) will finish better than the Cajuns and lets beat a beer on it (or a softdrink if you prefer) to be decided after the South Al. series. Payoff at one of the ULM games.

Its all for fun and if the Cajuns don't improve I'm gonna need more than one beer anyway!
    a beer it is. The stat I choose that Mcneese will finish with more of is drawing (BB) bases on balls. They seemed way more patient at the plate than we do and that Southland pitching might be all over the place

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information