Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at McNeese

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Didn't we play .500 ball thru mid season last year? That ended fairly well.
    That team played with a chip on its shoulder. That team scrapped for everything.

The feeling in the Tigue for 6 innings and the feeling at McNeese last night was uncomfortable.

I see a team that thinks they've already qualified for a regional. (Well half of them, the other half are scared to death).

Default Re: Louisiana at McNeese

Well, we are a victim of our own success and expectations. We start out the season highly ranked. Great ticket sales. The whole nine yards.

Then we go to Ruston and Lake Chuck. We get the "big boy treatment", just like Alice Shoe or any national power.because we are.suppose to be at least. Probably the biggest crowds both teams will have at home this year. Their teams are stoked. Tech even burns 100+ pitches on their #1 guy in a mid week February game. Those games mean more to our opposition than us. We were once the hunter. Now we are now the hunted and by our instate foes actions they admit what they would never dare vocalize as such. And we lay an egg.

I'm sure Robe is coaching them up but we must right this ship quickly. A tenth of the season is gone already. Players need to step up. Conference will NOT be a cakewalk. This needs to get fixed or we will be, dare I say, getting at a point where we have to win the tournament in May to make the NCAAs. Gosh, I hate that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    losing to them in baseball is bad. If we lose to them in football, that is just unacceptable
    get ready

The PACK is dead the GRINDERS are gone

If this team is super regional caliber, is it too much to ask that this team 'impose their will' on somebody?! A UNO, LT, McNeese team would be good games to do that. We struggled and lost to 2 of those teams.

It's simple, this is not even close to a super regional or even a regional team at this moment.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The PACK is dead the GRINDERS are gone
    It's not a scientific or analytic take, but this team (so far) just feels different than the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's not a scientific or analytic take, but this team (so far) just feels different than the last 3 years
    Yep, it's like everyone waiting for somebody else to do something instead of being the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, we are a victim of our own success and expectations. We start out the season highly ranked. Great ticket sales. The whole nine yards.

Then we go to Ruston and Lake Chuck. We get the "big boy treatment", just like Alice Shoe or any national power.because we are.suppose to be at least. Probably the biggest crowds both teams will have at home this year. Their teams are stoked. Tech even burns 100+ pitches on their #1 guy in a mid week February game. Those games mean more to our opposition than us. We were once the hunter. Now we are now the hunted and by our instate foes actions they admit what they would never dare vocalize as such. And we lay an egg.

I'm sure Robe is coaching them up but we must right this ship quickly. A tenth of the season is gone already. Players need to step up. Conference will NOT be a cakewalk. This needs to get fixed or we will be, dare I say, getting at a point where we have to win the tournament in May to make the NCAAs. Gosh, I hate that phrase.
    Tech threw that same Friday starter at Arkansas last night and won 3-2. I'm pretty sure Arkansas averaged 10 runs a game over the last weekend in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Tech threw that same Friday starter at Arkansas last night and won 3-2. I'm pretty sure Arkansas averaged 10 runs a game over the last weekend in Houston.
    Looks like knowing they had us and then Arkansas the following week they chose to focus more on the weekday games. Wouldn't be a bad strategy if it wasn't for the fact that he against us on short rest.

It's always easy to be the underdog bc u not suppose to do it. Walking around with the bullseye on your back for 56 games is something we need to learn how to handle pretty quick before this season turns south. I think there is enough offensive talent on this team, but we need to loosen up a hair and play baseball

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    It's always easy to be the underdog bc u not suppose to do it. Walking around with the bullseye on your back for 56 games is something we need to learn how to handle pretty quick before this season turns south. I think there is enough offensive talent on this team, but we need to loosen up a hair and play baseball
    Yes.
    Doesn't look like anyone is having fun out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Leave it to a UL athletic team to disappoint
    there will always be softball and skiing [i think the bass fisherman are pretty good, too, right?]

Quote Originally Posted by srob View Post
    Agreed - these boys are good but it's time for their balls to drop
    oh, the balls are dropping; have you seen the errors stats???

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    oh, the balls are dropping; have you seen the errors stats???
    2 from Conrad. Never feel comfortable with him at third

15. Default Re: Louisiana at McNeese

I posted last week that we should not lose mid week games. The real scare is we are not scoring runs until late innings. 4 runs in two midweek games. Sacred Heart ERA over 11 if we don't put up some numbers this weekend then we need to start getting real concerned. They need to find position players and a firm lineup so this group can get it together.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information