Thread: Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

1. UL Football Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

The SBC will be a 10-team football league starting in 2018

2. Default Re: Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

Pinky assurances.

Default Re: Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

This is great news for regional travel, performance, and mostly economics. This is a very good decision that will create financial and performance stability for the league!

4. Default Re: Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    This is great news for regional travel, performance, and mostly economics. This is a very good decision that will create financial and performance stability for the league!
    Zero arguments here.

The Sun Belt must have some concrete promises from current members in order to have had the confidence in reducing their margin for error.

5. Default Re: Sun Belt drops football members Idaho, New Mexico State

Yeah,FarmerBROWN doubled up the pinky promise with a cross yur heart and hope to die addendum, Troy, ULMOST seconded it.

I am reading as just the opposite. We can get rid of these two teams now and if someone does leave they would jump at the opportunity to come back to the S-BC. Also Karl could have convinced the other members that he can get McNeese and Sam Houston State to join the S-BC. #SuxBelt

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I am reading as just the opposite. We can get rid of these two teams now and if someone does leave they would jump at the opportunity to come back to the S-BC. Also Karl could have convinced the other members that he can get McNeese and Sam Houston State to join the S-BC. #SuxBelt
    One big happy family. Together we rise.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I fully expect NMSU to go Indy. They are not a poor financial institution. They can coast for several years. So, they are reserve school #1.

Liberty could make the move financially immediately. They are reserve school #2.

To trigger the reserve options after 2017, the SBC would have to lose 3 or 4 schools after 2017.

Besides those 2, there are several FCS schools that could survive an FBS transition.

My point is, we don't need the buffer schools anymore. It's time to change the way we think of the SBC. It's a different era now. It's no longer the late 90's, when we were trolling for live bodies.

We can work with this.

With the dynamic changing so that 10 appears to be the optimal number for maximizing revenue I have to wonder if we ever see a G5 go above 12 again and if leagues won't opt to not replace members if they lose them. G5 conference membership is engaged in a net loss of two over the past few moves. UMass out of MAC, Coastal into Sun Belt, Idaho and NMSU out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan View Post
    With the dynamic changing so that 10 appears to be the optimal number for maximizing revenue I have to wonder if we ever see a G5 go above 12 again and if leagues won't opt to not replace members if they lose them. G5 conference membership is engaged in a net loss of two over the past few moves. UMass out of MAC, Coastal into Sun Belt, Idaho and NMSU out.
    Barring a Wichita football rebirth, I think Coastal punched the last ticket to FBS for at least a few years.

So for u guys that actually get cst this is huge. Tv coverage can resume?

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    So for u guys that actually get cst this is huge. Tv coverage can resume?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    ???
    It could possibly change the ESPN contract and allow us to regain our 3rd tier rights.

Thread Information