Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

The 16th-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball team will face a pair of in-state foes in the midweek starting Tuesday at 6 p.m. as the Cajuns host New Orleans at M.L. "Tigue" Moore Field.

Default Re: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

You guys take it easy on my poor Cowboys tomorrow night. We have no pitching this season. It could get ugly quick.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    You guys take it easy on my poor Cowboys tomorrow night. We have no pitching this season. It could get ugly quick.

Doc
    We're not exactly breaking offensive records early with a .269 team average. The Cajuns and Cowboys had 2 nail biters last season. I really hope not to replicate that 17 inning game @ UL early last season.

We are only .003 points behind last year's batting average, not breaking records but we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    We are only .003 points behind last year's batting average, not breaking records but we will be fine.
    Now we are even We will be fine!

Yeah, but we didn't exactly break records last year either if you look at it from a season-long perspective. Last year we evolved into a great team by the end, but we spent the first half of the season playing mediocre baseball.

I think most of us are expecting this year's team to do better than 42-23, and 3rd place in the Sun Belt, which is what we did last year.

If this year is going to be special we'd better start hitting the ball better.

The point of my post is we finished strong last year, we are hitting better at the beginning of this year than we did last year. Anyone who thought we were going to be a better hitting team with out Shug, Powell, Butler and Davis was not being honest with themselves.

But by all means.

The point of my post is we finished strong last year, we are hitting better at the beginning of this year than we did last year. Anyone who thought we were going to be a better hitting team with out Shug, Powell, Butler and Davis was not being honest with themselves.

But by all means.

Oh and some dude they called Tray-han

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Oh and some dude they called Tray-han
    Thanks, I knew I was missing someone. Damn, that is not good on my part. I need bourbon.

Thanks, I knew I was missing someone. Damn, that is not good on my part. I need bourbon.
    Like you need an excuse.

11. Default

But by all means.

Well since that team started very slow there isn't any reason to think it would happen again.

But by all means.

Well, I just don't want to be accused of being satisfied with mediocrity. Fire Robe.

UL Baseball Re: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

Fine we shouldn't compare them to a team that went to a super regional, because they weren't great. Why would we think that Stefan Trosclair would raise his batting average, that is just a stupid thought.
    They are right on par with the teams of the last four years through 9 games. I hate all of the errors but they have committed 8 less errors than last years team, only 3 more than the 2014 team and 5 less than 2013 that won 43 games. This year has 7 home runs, more than than the other years, in less at bats than two of those years.

Am I happy, no, but I also know we are in a very small sample size only 9 games into the season. We are in a headline news era, lots of headlines but no substance. My point is this is a long season and if you go up and down with the team you will not enjoy the ride.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I think we can ALL agree this teams needs to improve in more than one area and losing to McNeese and LaTech sucks but in my opinion we had no business being ranked as high as we were in some of those polls knowing all the new faces we had (coaches and KEY players), but we were because our program as a whole is respected. If we were no where close to the being ranked like we were we wouldn't have all this backlash. People love to compare this team to two years ago and that's a huge mistake. You will just set yourself for failure. I think this season is more on par with last years team, we need to clean up, improve and hope something lights a fire fumble and hope things can start lining up. If so we will have a very good team. We also have a very very bright future to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I think we can ALL agree this teams needs to improve in more than one area and losing to McNeese and LaTech sucks but in my opinion we had no business being ranked as high as we were in some of those polls knowing all the new faces we had (coaches and KEY players), but we were because our program as a whole is respected. If we were no where close to the being ranked like we were we wouldn't have all this backlash. People love to compare this team to two years ago and that's a huge mistake. You will just set yourself for failure. I think this season is more on par with last years team, we need to clean up, improve and hope something lights a fire fumble and hope things can start lining up. If so we will have a very good team. We also have a very very bright future to look forward to.
    W shoukd only have 2 losses right now which would fit exactly where our rankings were.not -#6 but our pitching staff alone garners too 25 ranking. Our defense and timely hitting has cost us. We still haven't been outmatched, even TCU. Good teams find a way to win.bad teams find a way to lose. Where is the leadership? The teams the past 2 years have had great leadership both by example and vocally. I don't see a vocal leader on this team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information