Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

Default Re: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    W shoukd only have 2 losses right now which would fit exactly where our rankings were.not -#6 but our pitching staff alone garners too 25 ranking. Our defense and timely hitting has cost us. We still haven't been outmatched, even TCU. Good teams find a way to win.bad teams find a way to lose. Where is the leadership? The teams the past 2 years have had great leadership both by example and vocally. I don't see a vocal leader on this team.
    Correct on all accounts.

W shoukd only have 2 losses right now which would fit exactly where our rankings were.not -#6 but our pitching staff alone garners too 25 ranking. Our defense and timely hitting has cost us. We still haven't been outmatched, even TCU. Good teams find a way to win.bad teams find a way to lose. Where is the leadership? The teams the past 2 years have had great leadership both by example and vocally. I don't see a vocal leader on this team.
    I agree our starting rotation is one of the best in the county, but most of our defensive hiccups (except for last night) and inconsistent hitting have came from new faces. I've only been to a couple of live games here in Houston so can't speak much about the leadership out there, you would know a lot more than me about that.if this is the case than I agree it's troubling.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I agree our starting rotation is one of the best in the county, but most of our defensive hiccups (except for last night) and inconsistent hitting have came from new faces. I've only been to a couple of live games here in Houston so can't speak much about the leadership out there, you would know a lot more than me about that.if this is the case than I agree it's troubling.
    2014 had a lot of new faces and they delivered, 2015 had A LOT of new faces and they delivered.took some time but they delivered. We have leaders on this team I just don't know who the Jace,shugg,Powell, strentz etc are.who will set people straight on this team? Who refuses to lose? I see Wyatt marks as that kind of guy but it's hard when you aren't on the field everyday.

2014 had a lot of new faces and they delivered, 2015 had A LOT of new faces and they delivered.took some time but they delivered. We have leaders on this team I just don't know who the Jace,shugg,Powell, strentz etc are.who will set people straight on this team? Who refuses to lose? I see Wyatt marks as that kind of guy but it's hard when you aren't on the field everyday.
    Right, except for that 2014 team they took some time is the main point I'm trying to make but I agree we need some leaders to step up and we need to improve in some areas in order for that to happen. This team playing so "flat" is the main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Right, except for that 2014 team they took some time is the main point I'm trying to make but I agree we need some leaders to step up and we need to improve in some areas in order for that to happen. This team playing so "flat" is the main concern.
    The 2014 team was just special. Even when they played like ___, they found a way to win.

Well they had a game Sunday night, got home at 3am, had to cross over a state line, then had to go to class and sit in class all day Monday, then a game TuesdayI'm sure they real tired u know

7. Default

Agreed. I have no issue with our ability. Not questioning coaching or talent.

The striking contrast in intensity is what stands out for me. This team doesn't have it upstairs right now, and the jury is out on chemistry

Small sample size is the reason I'm not overly concerned at this stage. Once we have a starting lineup and still can't get timely hits is when I'll get worried.

The fielding errors don't concern me much at this stage. Four in one game is an anomaly. If it weren't for that we would be looking good right now in the error column. Unfortunately most of those errors were costly.

Interesting number to me is stolen bases. Not sure if we aren't getting the opportunities or we just don't have the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Interesting number to me is stolen bases. Not sure if we aren't getting the opportunities or we just don't have the speed.
    That caught my eye as well. At first I looked at the caught stealing stat and thought, that's not bad, then I looked at the stolen bases and said that is not good.

Small sample size is the reason I'm not overly concerned at this stage. Once we have a starting lineup and still can't get timely hits is when I'll get worried.

The fielding errors don't concern me much at this stage. Four in one game is an anomaly. If it weren't for that we would be looking good right now in the error column. Unfortunately most of those errors were costly.

We aren't good at running the bases or everyone has our signs and or tendencies. UNO's catchers arm was horrible. I think all our problems right now are above the shoulders.

11. Default Re: Louisiana to Face New Orleans and McNeese In The Midweek

I remember my senior year in HS and I thought we would be good---We had finished 3rd in the nation in AM LEGION and we had 6 guys back that were offered College S-Ships---problem is that we lost 5 S-ship players to college teams---Who you lose and where you lose them---Very disappointing year---We all know the biggest loss so far!!! So you look at the pitching, hitting, fielding, and toughness and you get where you are---the experience and growing into the college game will determine the season!!!

We aren't good at running the bases or everyone has our signs and or tendencies. UNO's catchers arm was horrible. I think all our problems right now are above the shoulders.
    Agree on all accounts. I've been wondering the same thing on tendencies and signs. It just seems the opposition is "guessing right" way above the odds.

Agree on all accounts. I've been wondering the same thing on tendencies and signs. It just seems the opposition is "guessing right" way above the odds.
    We aren't very good at running the bases right now but it's no secret tony is aggressive on the base paths.I think we just might ha e tendencies people are getting reports on. Lack of focus will get you thrown out a lot too.

This. You could see it in the face of kasul with the error against TT. These are young kids, facing enormous stress. I have the utmost faith that they will toughen up and pass the test.

After all, we have loads of talent and one of the best coaches around.with both of those things we will get there.

We just need to get back to the basics for this to start snowballing. Take a few pitcheseffectively stealbunt a runner over. Small ball it to get the wheels turning again. Hitting, fielding, scoring is all addictive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information