Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: vs. UNO

Default vs. UNO

Do we keep yesterday's position configuration or something else? Do we try Kasuls at 2nd? and Tros back at 1b? Guillory getting the start? UNO is 6-1 currently.

Default Re: vs. UNO

I have a feeling we will continue seeing a mixing of position players and lineups this week and upcoming weekend before things get more set. Robe does seem to really like Trosclair at 2nd (listening to the radio interview last night). That may stick.

Guillory will probably start tomorrow with Harris starting Wednesday.

I like Conrad at 3rd, Robbins at SS, Kasuls at 2B and Trosclair at 1B.

4. Default Re: vs. UNO

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    I like Conrad at 3rd, Robbins at SS, Kasuls at 2B and Trosclair at 1B.
    ----UNO beat Tech---Tech beat UL---ERGO UL BEATS UNO!!!

5. Default Re: vs. UNO

I think the tinkering will continue into conference play.

Last night's infield is definitely the most experienced and the one I'd trust the most right now. Brenn played a solid if not spectacular 3B later last year into the conference tourney. Robbins has shown the mental makeup to be trusted at any spot. Trosclair, despite the throwing error last night, I think gives better range and just solidifies 2B, not to mention his bat got going there. He's a natural there.

However, Antchak and Kasuls probably have enough potential and talent to keep fighting for a place at SS and Pinero at the corner as well, hopefully at 1B permanently. It's up to them to take it. The tinkering is a necessary thing as guys start finding their bats and gaining confidence.

Can't be stated enough how Robbins, being the utility guy he is, makes us so flexible. He can play any position in the field, though I can't attest to how good his curveball is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Robe does seem to really like Trosclair at 2nd (listening to the radio interview last night). That may stick.
    And judging by the absolute blast Trosclair hit last night, I'd say he prefers 2nd too.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Can't be stated enough how Robbins, being the utility guy he is, makes us so flexible. He can play any position in the field, though I can't attest to how good his curveball is.
    Joe Robbins is our MVP thus far.

He and Clement have been outstanding both in the field and at the plate.

I'd throw the freshman back out there tomm with trosclair at second and Conrad at third. And I'd play fontenot in left. We gotta get that kid going somehow offensively.

Hell, I say he plays catcher tomorrow night and gives Thurman the night off!

12. Default Re: vs. UNO

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Hell, I say he plays catcher tomorrow night and gives Thurman the night off!
    --RAIN----Weather forecast calls for it --but how much??

FYI, Harris throws tonight against UNO. Guillory goes Wednesday. By starting Harris Tony has him for weekend duty.

I have 2 free tickets for tonight if anyone wants.send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by T-Joe View Post
    I have 2 free tickets for tonight if anyone wants.send me a pm
    Check your pm.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information