Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: UL vs. South AL

Default Re: UL vs. South AL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    If it mattered we would do more to make it matter. Today, unless you are an elite mid major it matters no more right now and probably less than softball, or baseball. I see our bottom line score on ESPN less in basketball season than either baseball or softball scores in their respective seasons.

And I'm a huge UL basketball supporter. Sorry but cannot call myself a fan of such a mediocre product we currently have and this has been going on since Jesse left.
    I don't blame you. It hasn't been a great product to watch other than Long. However, being #6 in mbb will mean more in the big picture than #6 in softball

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    As far as our own program is concerned, MBB is mattering less and less.

And.by comparison.softball on this campus is a program of champions.
    I understand that. I'm proud of our girls, they are taking care of business. But in the big picture

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I don't blame you. It hasn't been a great product to watch other than Long. However, being #6 in mbb will mean more in the big picture than #6 in softball
    What are you smoking?

We have not smelled #6 in mbb in over 40 years. With our current coach we are lucky to smell #6 in our crappy conference.

I understand that. I'm proud of our girls, they are taking care of business. But in the big picture
    I'm quickly losing sight of that."big picture." I'm trying to talk myself into going to Thursday's game. That's not a good thing.

How many years on this "wonderful" coaches contract do we have to sit through?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    How many years on this "wonderful" coaches contract do we have to sit through?
    at least one more.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    What are you smoking?

We have not smelled #6 in mbb in over 40 years. With our current coach we are lucky to smell #6 in our crappy conference.
    Well we are #3 in the conference and I was responding to a post claiming unless we are an elite mid major softball is more important. Just making a point that is not true

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I'm quickly losing sight of that."big picture." I'm trying to talk myself into going to Thursday's game. That's not a good thing.
    It has been a terrible end to the regular season, I'm trying to talk myself into going

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    What are you smoking?

I'm going to quote you from another thread we were discussing. "We NEVER have to, nor should we ever, limit our ambitions to what has previously been done" show some of that now, huh? Or does that only apply when you want it to.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL vs. South AL

I'm going to quote you from another thread we were discussing. "We NEVER have to, nor should we ever, limit our ambitions to what has previously been done" show some of that now, huh? Or does that only apply when you want it to.
    Still true; we were last as high as # 6 nationally in MBB in the 1972-73 season. It is also still true that with our current coach, we will be extraordinarily lucky to be higher than # 4 [the 6 was, admittedly, hyperbole] in a third rate conference this year.

The problem is not my ambitions for the program; it is Bobby Big Fish's ambitions and Scott Farmer's ambitions that are in question. My point is that if their ambitions do not exceed what we are now doing, it is highly unlikely that our achievements will do so either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information