Thread: Lotief credits freshmen for Cajuns' recent wins

1. UL Softball Lotief credits freshmen for Cajuns' recent wins

UL coach Mike Lotief attributed much of the Ragin' Cajuns' 3-1 weekend -mainly the two wins over Oregon- to the work of Alison Deville.Deville, a redshirt freshman from Port Barre, faced just one batter over the weekend, but her .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lotief credits freshmen for Cajuns' recent wins

Contrast this with Hud or Marlin. They throw players under the bus, Mike gives players the keys to the bus.

Default Re: Lotief credits freshmen for Cajuns' recent wins

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL coach Mike Lotief attributed much of the Ragin' Cajuns' 3-1 weekend -mainly the two wins over Oregon- to the work of Alison Deville.Deville, a redshirt freshman from Port Barre, faced just one batter over the weekend, but her .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Great atmosphere for the Oregon game. Wondering what the Oregon players and fans thought about their experience at Lamson.

While I realize baseball and softball are very different, if I were a fan of Oregon and watching a baseball game I would've called Busch league. The duck quack and many other sound effects they played on the PA were border line offensive. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fun and sound clips like we use in baseball when there's a meeting on the mound, etc, but the specific sound clips used when we played Oregon were bad. That being said, softball is a different sport and things like beating drums, singing songs and dancing (which I would consider Busch league in a baseball game) are the norm in softball, so my opinion is just that.

Some of the comments and sound effects at Lamson are out of line, childish, and stupid.

I have no problem with the sound effects and comments with conference foes visiting, they have to come here. I wasn't happy on Friday with some of the things with Oregon visiting, not sure how we expect them to come back or give a good review. We are already known for having horrible umpires.

Last edited by MelRock; February 24th, 2016 at 07:46 pm. Reason: I can't spell and @Ruston & ULMost still sux

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I have no problem with the sound effects and comments with conference foes visiting, they have to come here. I wasn't happy on Friday with some of the things with Oregon visiting, not sure how we expect them to come back or give a good review. We are already know for having horrible umpires.
    Yep.

8. Default Re: Lotief credits freshmen for Cajuns' recent wins

Rob has a song "The 40 pound Duck" he gets a pass on anything thrown Oregon's way.

From last year, I don't recall anything but the traditional fan chants. I don't recall any soound bites. What's different this year?

Thread Information