Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Dunks in UL History

1. Default Greatest Dunks in UL History

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It's my fault. Told the wife @ the LR game Hedge had become like the Easter Bunny.

If he doesn't return next year, one of the greatest jumpers in UL history not to have that great dunk show we knew he was capable of.
    ---Yes but Doug will always have the bounce pass through Long's legs back to Hedge for the dunk---Gotta be in the top 10----speaking of::: Alozo Allen's bounce dunk---Bo's 360 bank---probably Mitchell's drive and take off from the FT line---also the back pass to Mitchell from the OHS coach (sorry bout that name recognition)---waiting on some more!!!

Default Re: Jay Hedgemen suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Yes but Doug will always have the bounce pass through Long's legs back to Hedge for the dunk---Gotta be in the top 10----speaking of::: Alozo Allen's bounce dunk---Bo's 360 bank---probably Mitchell's drive and take off from the FT line---also the back pass to Mitchell from the OHS coach (sorry bout that name recognition)---waiting on some more!!!
    Todd Hill's put the ball behind your back and dunk it in North Carolina's face. 1992

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Todd Hill's put the ball behind your back and dunk it in North Carolina's face. 1992
    Todd Hill did a 360 one night in the dome that was pretty cool too.

4. Default Re: Jay Hedgemen suspended

Brad Boyd's turnover hike to Dwayne Mitchell for the dunk.

5. Default Re: Jay Hedgemen suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ---Thanks T-Bine---Brad Boyd!!!

Was there, saw that!

If I remember correct Boyd had just scored his 1,000th career point, everyone was already up cheering for him, then that happened and roof nearly blew off the dome.

All great dunks. I'm old like Boomer, was there for AA's trifecta show. Kinda the benchmark for me. Hedge has that first step that you something big could happen.

9. Default Re: Jay Hedgemen suspended

All great dunks. I'm old like Boomer, was there for AA's trifecta show. Kinda the benchmark for me. Hedge has that first step that you something big could happen.
    ---Z Z please explain the Alonzo deal and totally agree with Hedge as I said that on some nights the best ATHLETE on the court!!! BTW his parents were great folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Z Z please explain the Alonzo deal and totally agree with Hedge as I said that on some nights the best ATHLETE on the court!!! BTW his parents were great folks!!!
    Sure...First half against a weak sister in Blackham. AA bounced passed it to himself near/off south backboard, left side, for a tomahawk. Got called for traveling (which was right call, a few steps because ball was bounced high off floor first). Place went nuts. So he follows that with a 180 and 360. All done in the flow of the game which made it really
    special. Team played serious defense, and he WAS the best dunker we had then. Probably in UL history. I'd put Almons, Fig, Hill and a few up there, but AA is the benchmark. Anytime he went up, you knew something special could happen. Team knew the crowd fed off AA's dunks, so I give credit to his hteammates for understanding that.

Another game he went between his legs in the air. He was "like Mike" before Mike. Wish there was film on it all, I know either AA or Almons (can't remember which) took off at or near the line one night. And we beat big name programs....

Hedge has that same edge, he's the one in the intro video going in backwards. Personally, I think Marlin would be OK with a dunk show as long as he didn't miss. But then again, Stove was short on 3 in 2 games a week ago. Was sat quick at least twice if I remember right. Missing a dunk, I don't see the issue, especially at the rate we've shot FTs lately.

11. Default Re: Jay Hedgemen suspended

Sure...First half against a weak sister in Blackham. AA bounced passed it to himself near/off south backboard, left side, for a tomahawk. Got called for traveling (which was right call, a few steps because ball was bounced high off floor first). Place went nuts. So he follows that with a 180 and 360. All done in the flow of the game which made it really
    special. Team played serious defense, and he WAS the best dunker we had then. Probably in UL history. I'd put Almons, Fig, Hill and a few up there, but AA is the benchmark. Anytime he went up, you knew something special could happen. Team knew the crowd fed off AA's dunks, so I give credit to his hteammates for understanding that.

Another game he went between his legs in the air. He was "like Mike" before Mike. Wish there was film on it all, I know either AA or Almons (can't remember which) took off at or near the line one night. And we beat big name programs....

Hedge has that same edge, he's the one in the intro video going in backwards. Personally, I think Marlin would be OK with a dunk show as long as he didn't miss. But then again, Stove was short on 3 in 2 games a week ago. Was sat quick at least twice if I remember right. Missing a dunk, I don't see the issue, especially at the rate we've shot FTs lately.
    ---Almones was maybe the second best football player to play basketball---we know who the first is now----But his head kinda looked like the "creature from the Black Lagoon"---I know you saw that movie!!! lol

Saw Alonzo do his amazing dunks. One game I taped & watched one of his dunks where his elbow was above the rim! And wins vs. big name programs? I was at the Superdome when we beat Kansas & Michigan State in back-to-back games to win the Sugar Bowl Basketball tournament. Also, I was visiting friends in the Washington DC area the night we beat #1 Georgetown in the Great Alaska Shootout & listened to the end of the game on the GU radio station. That was awesome!

Default Re: Greatest Dunks in UL History

I was there in Blackham as well--UNBELIEVABLE!! If that was today, with all the digital and social media, it would be VIRAL! AA was DA BOMB--still makes me smile to this day!

It was Alonzo's (The Rim god) birthday the night he threw down all of those dunks in Blackham....

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Saw Alonzo do his amazing dunks. One game I taped & watched one of his dunks where his elbow was above the rim! And wins vs. big name programs? I was at the Superdome when we beat Kansas & Michigan State in back-to-back games to win the Sugar Bowl Basketball tournament. Also, I was visiting friends in the Washington DC area the night we beat #1 Georgetown in the Great Alaska Shootout & listened to the end of the game on the GU radio station. That was awesome!
    Exciting times.....in 1982 the Cajuns under Paschal defeated Coach Jud Heathcotes Michigan St. And lost in the final to Mississippi St. In 1983 the Cajuns played fast break ball to beat Norm Sloan's Florida Gators and the next night playing half court basketball won the Championship by defeating Larry Browns Kansas Jayhawks. Twp years later the Cajuns defeated Tennessee in the 1st game and lost to Pitt in the final....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information