Thread: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

1. UL Basketball Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

UL — One of the luxuries at University of Louisiana men's basketball coach Bob Marlin's disposal this season has been the Cajuns' depth, and he hopes that luxury plays a role in Thursday night's game against Arkansas State. The Red Wo.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

2. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

Depth paid off.

3. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Depth paid off.
    Developing that depth cost UL early in the season, but its paying dividends now.

4. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

Nah, don't think that was it. We just have more bullets than Brady. How he got there, Brady, ain't our problem.

We'll see tomorrow to some degree that development. I'm never buying Marlin was willing to lose to develop players. He was and is not equal to many of the teams he lost to. I'll give him credit at least he's got some players

Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

Nah, don't think that was it. We just have more bullets than Brady. How he got there, Brady, ain't our problem.

We'll see tomorrow to some degree that development. I'm never buying Marlin was willing to lose to develop players. He was and is not equal to many of the teams he lost to. I'll give him credit at least he's got some players
    Obviously Coach was not losing purposely to develop players in pre conference. The places we played at on the road are difficult venues and the opponents were talented. However, the rotation was cut some what around Christmas. Wooten, Williams, and Plaisance were all playing a lot more then than they are now. That is not an uncommon occurrence. It happens almost every year. With the belief that the SBC is a one bid league, focus is winning the conference tournament. Comments staff makes from early in the season supports that view. Doing well in conference regular season contributes to that goal as it improves your seeding. At this stage, we do have a chance to win a regular season championship. That would be significant as it would insure an NIT bid. A tournament you don't pay to host games in. Of course we would likely be on the road for the first game.

6. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

I'm if the opinion that this isn't uncommon Mike. I'm not going to pretend Marlin is an advanced thinker on this issue.

7. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

I'm if the opinion that this isn't uncommon Mike. I'm not going to pretend Marlin is an advanced thinker on this issue.
    ---So Whom do we have left after Saturday and LR and their chances with their games left on the schedule????

I agree many coaches try to have their teams playing their best ball in March. That is especially a focus at the mid major level. It just seems we take it to an extreme here at times. Pre conference is to learn about the capability of the players and which lineup works best together. That does not mean they are not trying to win at that stage however. I believe without Bryce Washington's injury they would have fared better in the early season.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---So Whom do we have left after Saturday and LR and their chances with their games left on the schedule????
    We play on the road the next two weekends. We are at the Texas schools on Feb. 18/20 while we are at the two Alabama schools on Feb. 25/27. On March 3/5, the Georgia schools come here.

10. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We play on the road the next two weekends. We are at the Texas schools on Feb. 18/20 while we are at the two Alabama schools on Feb. 25/27. On March 3/5, the Georgia schools come here.
    ---Thanks Mike----Speaking of grinding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    One game at a time, but that visit at those South Al THUGS scares the crap out of me. Hope the Jags have done some growin' up since our horribly officiated game with 9 Technical fouls. Ouch.

12. Default Re: Marlin hopes Cajuns' depth pays off against Arkansas State

That is scary. The two Texas games on the road scary for different reasons.

Thread Information