Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Statements Issued On Unsportsmanlike Conduct For UL and USA

1. UL Basketball Statements Issued On Unsportsmanlike Conduct For UL and USA

UL men's basketball coach Bob Marlin, South Alabama men's basketball coach Matthew Graves, and Sun Belt Conference Commissioner Karl Benson have released the following statements regarding Thursday's game between the two schools. .

Nine technical fouls were called during the course of the game. 54 total fouls were called and there were 69 free throw attempts.

Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson
    "The Sun Belt Conference and its member universities have a high standard for conduct. We cannot and will not ignore when these standards are not met. I thank (UL Athletic Director) Scott Farmer and (South Alabama Athletic Director) Joel Erdmann for recognizing the type of behavior that is expected and that this behavior was not suitable for their universities. I also applaud Coach Graves and Coach Marlin for coming forward and recognizing that the behavior of their teams last night was unacceptable. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of the head coach to have their teams composed and to ensure good sportsmanship. There was a failure to do so last night. Both coaches understand this and both coaches understand their teams are expected to meet our standards of conduct."

UL Head Coach Bob Marlin
    "The technical fouls and resulting behavior that occurred last night took away from what was a competitive game between our two institutions. The lack of sportsmanship that was displayed is not conducive to our sport, and was not a good representation of our athletic program and our university. I have the utmost respect for Coach Graves and his staff, and we will both work together to prevent this from occurring again in the future."

South Alabama Head Coach Matthew Graves
    "Last night was a highly emotional game for both teams and we are certainly disappointed with the actions of everyone involved. We have addressed the issues within our team and will continue to be diligent on educating our student-athletes on how to appropriately conduct themselves in such an environment moving forward. We strive to represent South Alabama in a first-class manner and we will utilize this as a teachable moment for both our student-athletes and coaching staff. I have the utmost respect for Coach Marlin and his program, and am looking forward to continuing the rivalry between the two schools."

Default Re: Statements Issued On Unsportsmanlike Conduct For UL and USA

Was Karl Benson in attendance or did the refs make a phone call?

3. Default Re: Statements Issued On Unsportsmanlike Conduct For UL and USA

I've been supporting my school by purchasing large amounts of Ragin Cajuns Ale So I hope you'll all forgive me, as I say ____ Carl Benson, the slobs he employs and the sun belt conference as a whole

4. Default Re: Statements Issued On Unsportsmanlike Conduct For UL and USA

And his nepotism hired daughter

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Can you imagine someone telling Bobby Knight to publicly apologize? The pussification of America continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Was Karl Benson in attendance or did the refs make a phone call?
    Maybe they thought Karl would go easier if they "self-reported".

Karl had nothing better to do since it was cold and damp, lousy for golf. Pussification, you bet. Was yelling at ref to grow a set last night and play toss-a-thug. But, here's where America is.

8. UL Basketball Sun Belt chastises UL, South Alabama basketball teams

SBC commissioner Karl Benson issued a statement following UL's win over South Alabama

Amazing I watched an USA player no21 after throwing a UL player to the ground hard run straight to his head coach and hi-five him as they laughed together about the foul really now he has the balls to say he doesn't condone that type of behavior SMDH

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

the base line banter was pretty epic

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    the base line banter was pretty epic
    Looking at from this angle and the angle the ref had, the guy should have been thrown out. That needs to go to the league, not that Karl would do anything.

12. UL Basketball Sun Belt weighs in on physical USA game

UL — Things got a little hairy between the Louisianan and South Alabama men's basketball teams Thursday night at the Cajundome during an emotional game that had to be stopped multiple times to sort out a bevy of technical fouls. The beha.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Amazing I watched an USA player no21 after throwing a UL player to the ground hard run straight to his head coach and hi-five him as they laughed together about the foul really now he has the balls to say he doesn't condone that type of behavior SMDH
    Exactly. I was there, and that head coach was yelling so loud I could hear practically every word that he was sayingat least during the first half. And I was sitting across the court from him and pretty high up. But he was pretty quiet in the second half.
    And the clip where 21 threw him down, and laughed about it with the hc tells you everything you need to know about what kind of game they were playing. And what kind of team they are.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Those SouthAL coaches were bigger thugs than the players. Just dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And his nepotism hired daughter
    Stop. His daughter interned at a conference tournament. She was not paid for what she did.

She, by the way, is now a TV anchor in the state of Washington. And, she's certainly good enough to work in this market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information