Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Preview:Louisiana at Little Rock

Default Re: Preview:Louisiana at Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Perspective: Yes, I'm disappointed in the loss - but LR has been one of the best teams in the conference this year. Little Rock's 12-1 ain't no joke. 7-1 on the road with some nice wins in there.

BUT, I told myself I would be happy with a 2-2 record in these 4 conference road games (Arkansas and Georgia trips). So - gotta win at ARK State Saturday or would have to sweep the GA trip next week which looks unlikely. If we lose Saturday, I worry. But - I'm not losing sleep over this one.
    It's not so much the fact that we lost this game, but getting blown out by 20

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Please list your former collegiate head coaching credentials ahead of your posts criticizing anything basketball. I believe that is what's required now on RP in order to make a comment. When you list the college you were a former head coach, please give your name, the number of years you were the head coach, your record, and the number of players you placed in the NBA. If you want your post to be considered "an expert opinion". please provide the number of times your specific player(s) were NBA All-Stars and if any are in the NBA Hall of Fame and all of your NBA championships (including each year). Include how you specifically contributed to the success and All-Star or Hall of Fame status of each player you coached.

Again, we need to be able to verify you are who you claim to be. or your comments will not be valid on this extremely critical forum. I've worked it out with Turbine that included with the general "reputation stickers" we will use three sizes of scrotum stickers to denote your importance level on this forum. Please be accurate in stating all of your former basketball head coaching assignments. If you never made it to head coach because you were a failure in the basketball profession, you do not need to provide that information (to avoid your embarrassment).

If you were ever the head coach at Duke, UCLA or Kentucky. please list them first. Thanks!

Dam J1M, that leaves me out of the posting. My credentials will only allow me to read and be a fan.

It's seems like a common thing for this team is to hang in a game til mid way through the second half. At that point the other team makes an obvious adjustment and runs away from us. By the time we adjust back its over. I'm haven't seen enough of these road games to tell if all teams are adjusting to a similar defense that we can figure out or if we just lose our legs. It also bothers me that Marlin says this is a guards game when we have an nba prospect down low. I'm worried next year without long he will say it's a big mans game and we don't have a good one. Getting tired of excuses. Coach to your players talents and win some ball games. If your gonna shoot 20ish% from 3 every night then tell your players to stop shooting the 3. Get the ball to your best player every possession. And he can stop shooting 3's also. Rant off.

Jacob Leblanc
    Head coach Scott city league 2000-2005😉

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Please list your former collegiate head coaching credentials ahead of your posts criticizing anything basketball. I believe that is what's required now on RP in order to make a comment. When you list the college you were a former head coach, please give your name, the number of years you were the head coach, your record, and the number of players you placed in the NBA. If you want your post to be considered "an expert opinion". please provide the number of times your specific player(s) were NBA All-Stars and if any are in the NBA Hall of Fame and all of your NBA championships (including each year). Include how you specifically contributed to the success and All-Star or Hall of Fame status of each player you coached.

Again, we need to be able to verify you are who you claim to be. or your comments will not be valid on this extremely critical forum. I've worked it out with Turbine that included with the general "reputation stickers" we will use three sizes of scrotum stickers to denote your importance level on this forum. Please be accurate in stating all of your former basketball head coaching assignments. If you never made it to head coach because you were a failure in the basketball profession, you do not need to provide that information (to avoid your embarrassment).

If you were ever the head coach at Duke, UCLA or Kentucky. please list them first. Thanks!
    Well, I did coach 9 year olds WHILE in college. Only coach in league NOT to get toss that year. Knew the refs personally, talked about their (the refs) mommas where the kids could not hear. Told me I had to suffer thru coaching those kids.we suckedand that was my punishment. One actually became a doctor, so I think he may contribute to society. Can't take credit for his greatness.

Lead to greater decisions in my life. When my children could hang with me or get a move on me on the court/field, I wisely let someone wiser and younger than me take over coaching.

That said, in basketball if you can't get the ball to your best player and your guards got more misses than Stevie Wonder swinging at a pinata, you got a problem.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Perspective: Yes, I'm disappointed in the loss - but LR has been one of the best teams in the conference this year. Little Rock's 12-1 ain't no joke. 7-1 on the road with some nice wins in there.

BUT, I told myself I would be happy with a 2-2 record in these 4 conference road games (Arkansas and Georgia trips). So - gotta win at ARK State Saturday or would have to sweep the GA trip next week which looks unlikely. If we lose Saturday, I worry. But - I'm not losing sleep over this one.
    I'm not happy Diehard. To pass it off as just another victim of the First year coach at Lil'Rock is to ignore how badly we lost AGAIN.

Tis year six. Tis his best team. We're not even going to be fourth best.

I'm not worried about the team. We've known their limitations for some time. I'm mo worried about some dillusional fans thinking we're one emotional victory away from being good. We're a pretty awful team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm not happy Diehard. To pass it off as just another victim of the First year coach at Lil'Rock is to ignore how badly we lost AGAIN.

Tis year six. Tis his best team. We're not even going to be fourth best.

I'm not worried about the team. We've known their limitations for some time. I'm mo worried about some dillusional fans thinking we're one emotional victory away from being good. We're a pretty awful team.
    I still think they can get the season turned around and make a legitimate run for the SBC title. BUT, at least 2-2 on the current road swing is absolutely necessary.

8. Default Re: Preview:Louisiana at Little Rock

Well if we don't beat sweep some of the SBC teams we're already out of the regular season race.

Not getting a regular season championship, not the tournament, probably not even a by.

A few years ago we had EP, who is one of the best young PG's in the NBA, and Shawn Long (another NBA talent) on the same team and we couldn't do much. We got into the tourney by squeaking by in the conference tourney. And we didn't do that great in conference play that year. Point is, Marlin has had some talent and hasn't been able to do anything with it.

Those two were talented. Overall, though, we've had less talent than many realize. Most of our talent over the past 5 years couldn't stand up to that from almost any period prior.the 70s.the 80s.the 90s.early 2000s.

As I said on another thread, last night our guards combined to make 7 shots. One, a "shooter", went 1 for 9.

11. Default Re: Preview:Louisiana at Little Rock

I used to have media credentials, otherwise known as a ticket to evaluate.

But I lost it, so now I speculate not to devaluate.

Can I coach?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Well, I did coach 9 year olds WHILE in college. Only coach in league NOT to get toss that year. Knew the refs personally, talked about their (the refs) mommas where the kids could not hear. Told me I had to suffer thru coaching those kids.we suckedand that was my punishment. One actually became a doctor, so I think he may contribute to society. Can't take credit for his greatness.

Lead to greater decisions in my life. When my children could hang with me or get a move on me on the court/field, I wisely let someone wiser and younger than me take over coaching.

That said, in basketball if you can't get the ball to your best player and your guards got more misses than Stevie Wonder swinging at a pinata, you got a problem.
    I'll talk to Turbine about giving you one small scrotum.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I used to have media credentials, otherwise known as a ticket to evaluate.

But I lost it, so now I speculate not to devaluate.

Can I coach?
    No. You're too valuable to us to step down to coaching.

14. Default Re: Preview:Louisiana at Little Rock

No. You're too valuable to us to step down to coaching.
    Wow thanks.

It just dawned on me that we miss 3-point shots on purpose just to pad Long's rebound numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Wow thanks.

It just dawned on me that we miss 3-point shots on purpose just to pad Long's rebound numbers.
    Marlin calls them "Long Shots". Long has agreed to take Marlin with him to the NBA. Oh crap. did I just let that out of the bag?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information