Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2015: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

UL Football 2015: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Well looks like some of you got your wish, multiple reports coming out that Jay Johnson will be the new offensive coordinator at Minnesota.

Default Re: Jay Johnsom to Minnesota

Let him go

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

Interesting development.

Do you have a link?

http://m.startribune.com/claeys-pick.aff/363691591/

On mobile, not sure of this link works but the Star Tribune is reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Interesting development.
    Very interesting, but he is from Minnesota and will probably be getting a 250k-300k pay raise.so can't say I blame him. Hopefully HUD can find a replacement soon and get our QB's in the playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Hire someone who knows how to run an offense. Get rid of the read option trash.
    Yeah that 2011-2014 offense was pure trash

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yeah that 2011-2014 offense was pure trash
    Oh lord here we go. Someone said something you don't agree with and you get your panties twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Oh lord here we go. Someone said something you don't agree with and you get your panties twisted.
    No panty twist here, just saying he did do some good here and they guy knows how to run an offense. I wish him luck.

I wish him luck also. I just think this offense could have been more lethal with the talent we had over the last few years if we ised more of a spread/passing attack. Instead of that offense which relies on the read option majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    for some reason we lose coaches every year. Connect the dots. Johnson and Haack got tired of Hud's ____, just like Willis did when FSU opened up. I believe we saw Johnson's offense in years one and two and last year we were far removed. Congrats to Jay. Hud and Les are the same guy. No matter how many coordinators we hire. Connect the dots guys.
    I agree with you.

Well, jay Johnson is the one moving to a bigger job in a P5 conference.

Good for him. He (likely) gets a significant raise, and he gets to go home again. Best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    for some reason we lose coaches every year. Connect the dots. Johnson and Haack got tired of Hud's ____, just like Willis did when FSU opened up. I believe we saw Johnson's offense in years one and two and last year we were far removed. Congrats to Jay. Hud and Les are the same guy. No matter how many coordinators we hire. Connect the dots guys.
    Johnson is going to a Big 10 school and his hometown is 30 minutes away from campusWillis actually did not take the Florida State job he stayed on then left for the Saints gig. Any more theories?

First, good luck to Coach Johnson. He did a good job those first few years and gave us a 1000 yard rushing attack. It seems time though and someone new might provide a boost to the offense.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information