Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2015: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    In 2014 Ragin Pagin spends an entire season calling UL's DC garbage and he gets a big promotion to an NFL team.

In 2015 Ragin Pagin spends the entire season calling UL's OC garbage and he gets a big promotion to a Big Ten school.

You guys have the magic touch around here.
    He's a coach on an NFL team not a DC. I'm not a guy saying Willis did a poor job, like what he did.

Any NFL position can be considered a promotion. But it was as a position coach. May or may not be for his DC skills.

As usual Rebel your views are over the top wrong.

Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Any word on even names of a potential offensive coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Bingo. The biggest problem with Haack leaving is it opens the door for Hud to keep Nixon in the conversation at QB. I'm really hoping that we see Nixon at RB next year.
    There is no problem with Haack's decision. Davis will be given the keys to the bus.

4. Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Sadly there is not a FBS ready quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    There is no problem with Haack's decision. Davis will be given the keys to the bus.
    I agree. I've been high on Davis and think he's our guy. My point is that we don't have a backup with any experience whatsoever now that Haack has left thus possibly keeping Jalen at the QB position.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Amazing that McNeese made just a few adjustments to accommodate their transfer QB from K state. They went 11-0 in the reg season. Why t/f couldnt we make a few adjustments to accommodate Haack??? Hard headedness or just not intelligent enough to adjust on the fly??

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree. I've been high on Davis and think he's our guy. My point is that we don't have a backup with any experience whatsoever now that Haack has left thus possibly keeping Jalen at the QB position.
    Yep. I think Nixon remains an option at QB, in a pinch, even if he's shifted to RB. I think you and Jay are right in that JD will be developed as the #1 with a contest to see who will be #2. It's the nature of being a mid major that our biggest tests are early. I'd like Hud to focus on a program that adds a lot of risk into the offense in order to be competitive with the better opponents. Being that we're developing green QBs (and supposedly some changes to the offense) I suspect Hud will work on simplification for the purpose of flawless execution. That doesn't bode well for competing against the best we face. unfortunately.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Yep. I think Nixon remains an option at QB, in a pinch, even if he's shifted to RB. I think you and Jay are right in that JD will be developed as the #1 with a contest to see who will be #2. It's the nature of being a mid major that our biggest tests are early. I'd like Hud to focus on a program that adds a lot of risk into the offense in order to be competitive with the better opponents. Being that we're developing green QBs (and supposedly some changes to the offense) I suspect Hud will work on simplification for the purpose of flawless execution. That doesn't bode well for competing against the best we face. unfortunately.
    I'm no longer giving Hud the mulligan. Davis better come out polished, as we could have given him many meaningful quarters of meaningful play. We chose to come into 2016 with a guy having almost no quarters of play.

We have almost no idea if he's an FBS quarterback. He's an FBS athlete whose a slightly better passer than Nixon at this point. I expect a lot of sacks. He's not learned it's ok to toss it away. He might learn, but those guys often think their legs can save the day.

There is absolutely no reason to keep Nixon at QB and steal reps from Chris Weaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Amazing that McNeese made just a few adjustments to accommodate their transfer QB from K state. They went 11-0 in the reg season. Why t/f couldnt we make a few adjustments to accommodate Haack??? Hard headedness or just not intelligent enough to adjust on the fly??
    Da boat of 'em??

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Any word on even names of a potential offensive coordinator?
    I've heard possibly Munoz

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm no longer giving Hud the mulligan. Davis better come out polished, as we could have given him many meaningful quarters of meaningful play. We chose to come into 2016 with a guy having almost no quarters of play.

We have almost no idea if he's an FBS quarterback. He's an FBS athlete whose a slightly better passer than Nixon at this point. I expect a lot of sacks. He's not learned it's ok to toss it away. He might learn, but those guys often think their legs can save the day.
    We'll prepare for some disappointment. He's not going to be a polished quarterback in his 4th game (2nd with more than 1 drive). That's just nonsense. Could Hud have gotten him more experience this year? Absolutely, but he did not. So the fact remains that he will still have some learning to do. That being said, most who have watched him realize his potential and I think we can win with him next year even though he'll be learning as he go's.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Da boat of 'em??
    p'rolly.

We'll prepare for some disappointment. He's not going to be a polished quarterback in his 4th game (2nd with more than 1 drive). That's just nonsense. Could Hud have gotten him more experience this year? Absolutely, but he did not. So the fact remains that he will still have some learning to do. That being said, most who have watched him realize his potential and I think we can win with him next year even though he'll be learning as he go's.
    sorry, a million dollar coach isn't suppose to be unprepared. He wont have the APC to blame next year.

Z

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I imagine Davis will get a world of experience against the Boise defense in his first career start. That'll be a very tough assignment for the guy. I hope he makes it through that first game without getting banged up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information