Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2015: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I been hearing from people close to other programs that Hud has become an egomaniac and no one wants to be around him. I cant blame Jay Johnson one bit for jumping and hauling ___ from a ship that slowing sinking
    He is going coach in the big10, 30 minutes from where he played high school footbball and will probably get around a 300k raise.not exactly jumping ship.sounds like a lot of incentive to me.

2. Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

So, Jay wanted Haack all along to be the guy. Hud forced JJ to build an offense around a guy that isn't a D1 QB, ruins the season, Haack leaves, and now Johnson takes another job

Anyone that thinks we are a better team right now is flat out wrong.

Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

We set offensive records in his first four years. We slipped this year and I don't think it's because he suddenly became stupid.

He's a class guy all the way. I wish him nothing but the best.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I been hearing from people close to other programs that Hud has become an egomaniac and no one wants to be around him. I cant blame Jay Johnson one bit for jumping and hauling ___ from a ship that slowing sinking
    Like what? That HUD thinks he's the HMFIC of the APC and no other athletes can use it? Is that what you heard from other programs? I hope that's not true!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    We set offensive records in his first four years. We slipped this year and I don't think it's because he suddenly became stupid.

He's a class guy all the way. I wish him nothing but the best.
    This! Turned down a job out west to stay in Lafayette to coach. Minnesota offers him a chance to return home for more money, coach at a program with higher visibility in the Big 10 and should they be successful, a faster track to a head coaching job. Good luck Coach Johnson!

Good luck Coach! You did a great job while here and we won't forget your contribution in helping turn our program around. Lots of critics on RP, and a couple sometimes sound like they know a little about college football, then you got several wankers.

You are always welcome in Cajun country.

If we were to need a HC for whatever reason in the comings years, I would hope Jay Johnson would be in the list of interviews.

Best of luck to coach Johnson, it sounds like a dream of an opportunity.

In the (recent) past I've questioned Johnson's ability with our offense, now I'm wondering if perhaps his hands have been tied down. One thing is for sure, we will see what he is capable of. I'm hoping we won't be sitting here in another year thinking about what could have been.

9. UL Football UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

LOUISIANA — Jay Johnson, who has spent the past five seasons as the Louisiana football team's offensive coordinator, is going home.

Johnson, a Minnesota native, has accepted a position as the University of Minnesota's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, UL confirmed Monday night.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Wonder if Haack ends up in Minnesota.

I think haack wants his parents to be able to see him play, I think he will be somewhere in Louisiana or Texas

12. Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think haack wants his parents to be able to see him play, I think he will be somewhere in Louisiana or Texas
    -----So who is the new guy---Gautier comes from LSU!!! Kidding but I would think that the $250K salary would interest quite a few up and coming along with oldie but goodies---Think that we would choose a guy who has pulled the trigger from the top spot in the offense!!! Carl Smith returns to Lafayette----Finishes with a Super Bowl win and almost 20 years as a coordinator and QB coach with retirement money ------What about promotion from the current Offensive staff??? They have been together for 5 years with some good success----Would the OC also be the QB coach---Will some coaches be let go??? Let the post begin!!! LOL

13. Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Thanks for the fun times Jay.

Hope you have continued success at Minnesota.

Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Good luck Coach! Thanks for helping us get to a few bowl games.

15. Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Good luck Coach! Thanks for helping us get to a few bowl games.
    ---64 games is a lot of preparation and experience----Gonna be tough to replace!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information