Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2015: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Good luck to coach Johnson. He is a good coach an a class act as an individual.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    No panty twist here, just saying he did do some good here and they guy knows how to run an offense. I wish him luck.
    You and I may be drinking the same beer. We're gonna miss this guy. He was not our problem.

Jay Johnson was a great guy and a very good offensive coordinator. He will do a tremendous job wherever he ends up. He is not only going home but working his way up the coaching ladder. I remember not so long ago we could not get a coordinator with FBS coordinator experience. I still feel he would be a good choice here as a head coach if Hud decides to leave. I view this as a very positive event that shows young up and coming coaches that you can come here, learn and move up the coaching tree.

4. UL Football Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

Hud is never going to decide to leave UL. He's a lifer, and in all probability will get fired in year 8-11.

5. Default Re: UL OC Jay Johnson is Heading Home

This past season was probably the difference between Jay Johnson getting a head coaching gig somewhere and a lateral albeit upscale conference move to Minnesota.

I have a feeling he would have been gone either way.

In 2014 Ragin Pagin spends an entire season calling UL's DC garbage and he gets a big promotion to an NFL team.

In 2015 Ragin Pagin spends the entire season calling UL's OC garbage and he gets a big promotion to a Big Ten school.

You guys have the magic touch around here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    In 2014 Ragin Pagin spends an entire season calling UL's DC garbage and he gets a big promotion to an NFL team.

In 2015 Ragin Pagin spends the entire season calling UL's OC garbage and he gets a big promotion to a Big Ten school.

I'm pretty sure there were several members on here saying that JJ was not our problem.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'm pretty sure there were several members on here saying that JJ was not our problem.
    He sticks to the narrative man. He'd tell you the sky was purple if you gave him the time of day.

UL Football Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    We set offensive records in his first four years. We slipped this year and I don't think it's because he suddenly became stupid.

He's a class guy all the way. I wish him nothing but the best.
    Mega Ditto, JayBird! Really on both sides of the ball if you look at things, UL brought back only 4 starters each side. Then promptly throughout most of the season had one season ending injury after another to the starters! In steps 2's and 3's, and swapping players out of their normal positions to fill in where another man just went down! Tuff to coach with that many injuries, injuries UL did not see this many in the first 4 years combined! Just saying!

Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Wonder if Haack ends up in Minnesota.
    I was wondering the same thing. After meeting with OC Johnson, Haack decides to transfer.coincidence? Maybe, but Haack decides to transfer after meeting with Johnson who is leaving for another OC position with a team that uses a more traditional drop back passing QB. Again, maybe a coincidence. We will see. In the meantime, I wish both the best of luck and thank them for their time here. They gave 100% of their heart and effort for this program to succeed.

From The Advocate:

“I’ve had a great, great four years,” Haack said. “There’s not one thing I would change about my experience. I met a lot of great people, met a lot of great fans, great friends, memories that I’ll have for a lifetime. There’s nothing about that that I would change.
    “This could possibly be my last year of football in my life. I really want to take it to heart and succeed for my last year.”
    Haack made the decision shortly after meeting with Cajuns offensive coordinator Jay Johnson last week. In that meeting, Johnson laid out the Cajuns’ plan for the 2016 season and Haack said “it just didn’t look promising.”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. After meeting with OC Johnson, Haack decides to transfer.coincidence? Maybe, but Haack decides to transfer after meeting with Johnson who is leaving for another OC position with a team that uses a more traditional drop back passing QB. Again, maybe a coincidence. We will see. In the meantime, I wish both the best of luck and thank them for their time here. They gave 100% of their heart and effort for this program to succeed.

From The Advocate:

“I’ve had a great, great four years,” Haack said. “There’s not one thing I would change about my experience. I met a lot of great people, met a lot of great fans, great friends, memories that I’ll have for a lifetime. There’s nothing about that that I would change.
    “This could possibly be my last year of football in my life. I really want to take it to heart and succeed for my last year.”
    Haack made the decision shortly after meeting with Cajuns offensive coordinator Jay Johnson last week. In that meeting, Johnson laid out the Cajuns’ plan for the 2016 season and Haack said “it just didn’t look promising.”
    Minnesota doesn't use a traditional drop back passer. They run primarily out of the pistol and run some power option.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

What happened to the old Rebel that was wrong most of the time. but at least tried? This is weak and lazy stuff, Rebel. "Ragin Pagin spends. " and "You guys. " directed at no one in particular? Weak and lazy.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Jay Johnson to Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

From The Advocate:

"I've had a great, great four years," Haack said. "There's not one thing I would change about my experience. I met a lot of great people, met a lot of great fans, great friends, memories that I'll have for a lifetime. There's nothing about that that I would change.
    "This could possibly be my last year of football in my life. I really want to take it to heart and succeed for my last year."
    Haack made the decision shortly after meeting with Cajuns offensive coordinator Jay Johnson last week. In that meeting, Johnson laid out the Cajuns' plan for the 2016 season and Haack said "it just didn't look promising."
    Jay got promoted to the Big 10 close to home. Haack just doesn't fit Hud's mold. I seriously doubt Haack wants to go or would be needed for one year at Minnesota. Haack is smart enough, especially after this year, to see he didn't fit Hud's mold. and will not compete well against JD in any offensive adjustment Hud is going to make. Hud wants a QB that can tuck it and take it the distance. Hud isn't going to sacrifice that QB characteristic even for the next Tom Brady. much less Haack.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Jay got promoted to the Big 10 close to home. Haack just doesn't fit Hud's mold. I seriously doubt Haack wants to go or would be needed for one year at Minnesota. Haack is smart enough, especially after this year, to see he didn't fit Hud's mold. and will not compete well against JD in any offensive adjustment Hud is going to make. Hud wants a QB that can tuck it and take it the distance. Hud isn't going to sacrifice that QB characteristic even for the next Tom Brady. much less Haack.

Bingo. The biggest problem with Haack leaving is it opens the door for Hud to keep Nixon in the conversation at QB. I'm really hoping that we see Nixon at RB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Bingo. The biggest problem with Haack leaving is it opens the door for Hud to keep Nixon in the conversation at QB. I'm really hoping that we see Nixon at RB next year.
    Unless Hud fills the big back spot, he needs to convince Nixon to move to (and work out as) a power back. He could always be a QB backup if needed. And he could certainly be our wildcat RB/QB. But I'd stick to JD, Ray and Weaver as the QBs. I'd prefer Hud not mess around, pick a #1 quickly, and work his ___ off with the premium receiving group. Hopefully, the new OC will know how to help out our seriously unspectacular passing attack. by demanding the right personnel in the right positions. select and teach smarter routes/separation skills. and demand the right plays be called in the right downs/distances. That would be a refreshing improvement over last year.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information