Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Walter Williams coming back

Default Walter Williams coming back

I live over on the MS Gulf Coast. The local paper today reports that rb Walter Williams is headed back to Lafayette. He played high school ball here and had great success. Big and fast. He was thought to be the guy to replace Zo. Williams enrolled in the spring, went through spring ball and was pretty impressive. For some reason, he was dismissed in July for "violation of team rules." He transferred to GC JC and is now headed back to the Cajuns reportedly where he will be welcomed with open arms. Lets hope he has got it together because Cajuns could use him.

Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by dg71 View Post
    I live over on the MS Gulf Coast. The local paper today reports that rb Walter Williams is headed back to Lafayette. He played high school ball here and had great success. Big and fast. He was thought to be the guy to replace Zo. Williams enrolled in the spring, went through spring ball and was pretty impressive. For some reason, he was dismissed in July for "violation of team rules." He transferred to GC JC and is now headed back to the Cajuns reportedly where he will be welcomed with open arms. Lets hope he has got it together because Cajuns could use him.
    The Leopards could sure use him.

3. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by dg71 View Post
    ---I think the fact that he has a year of chronological age maturity to catch his head and has actually gone through a Spring will help big time---Still remember his run during the Spring drills----Anybody have his size stats?? Thinking about 210- 220 pounds!!!

where on the coast do you live? Good to see at least one other Ragin Cajun on a coast filled with purple and gold puke

5. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Disregard: MAT misread.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Williams is EXACTLY what this team needs! Another problem child. That always does wonders for the locker room. Remember 2015?
    Saw a tweet from Buckley yesterday evening that said UL plans to sign no Juco players in February. I don't know if this is a troubling thing.or much ado about nothing. We normally sign Juco's later.but this looks to me like Hud sees nothing wrong with the players he has and thinks he will be just fine with what he has. I like confidence in a head coach, but I hate ignorance.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Saw a tweet from Buckley yesterday evening that said UL plans to sign no Juco players in February. I don't know if this is a troubling thing.or much ado about nothing. We normally sign Juco's later.but this looks to me like Hud sees nothing wrong with the players he has and thinks he will be just fine with what he has. I like confidence in a head coach, but I hate ignorance.
    I think our recruiting board is getting a big shake up. I'll wait to comment until after the dead period, but expect big changes.

Williams is EXACTLY what this team needs! Another problem child. That always does wonders for the locker room. Remember 2015?
    I was not aware that Williams was a problem. I understood that he left after being told he would redshirt. Since he was an early graduate, had a good Spring and was the heir apparent to Zo, he wanted to be on the field, and left for playing time.

My only concern with him was that he was not that successful at the JUCO level, what makes us think he will be at the D-1 (FBS level)?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I was not aware that Williams was a problem. I understood that he left after being told he would redshirt. Since he was an early graduate, had a good Spring and was the heir apparent to Zo, he wanted to be on the field, and left for playing time.
    Disregard last post. I completely misread. Read like he was dismissed from the JC, but the guy was saying he was dismissed from UL. Which is not accurate. What you said about playing time was also what I was told. (I think by you actually).

11. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

He was dismissed from his last JC Mr. Charlie. The infamous "Violation of teams rules".
    Are we sure he was dismissed from MGCC? He participated in 10 of 11 games. His last two games were the best two games for him 2nd to last and 3rd to last (his last and 2nd to last) of the season, where he had 31 carries for 136 yards and a TD. As well as 1 rec for 13 yards. He also returned a KO for 21 yards. He only missed the very last game of the year. I am not saying he was not kicked off, it just seems as though he played every game but the last one. And no where when you google him, does it mention anything about being dismissed from the team.

12. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

He ended up with 75 carries for 272 yards, only a 3.6 ypg average and 2 TD's. His long was 19 yards. He also ended the season with 3 receptions for 29 yards and no TD's. He had to KO returns for 44 yards.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave
    Are we sure he was dismissed from MGCC? He participated in 10 of 11 games. His last two games were the best two games for him 2nd to last and 3rd to last (his last and 2nd to last) of the season, where he had 31 carries for 136 yards and a TD. As well as 1 rec for 13 yards. He also returned a KO for 21 yards. He only missed the very last game of the year. I am not saying he was not kicked off, it just seems as though he played every game but the last one. And no where when you google him, does it mention anything about being dismissed from the team.
    Edited post. Not sure that was the case after further review, so disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    My only concern with him was that he was not that successful at the JUCO level, what makes us think he will be at the D-1 (FBS level)?
    Do you think Elijah McGuire forgot how to run the ball? Or was it the guys in Front of him? I don't know much about MGCC, but maybe they had O-line problems. He looked pretty good in the spring which would have been his senior year in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Do you think Elijah McGuire forgot how to run the ball? Or was it the guys in Front of him? I don't know much about MGCC, but maybe they had O-line problems. He looked pretty good in the spring which would have been his senior year in high school.
    He was the 3rd best back on his juco team. I saw his HS film and see him as nothing more than a blocking back or a tough yardage type of guy. Jordan Wright is going to be ahead of him.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information