Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I understand when your winning, everything seems fine but I didn't see our defense taunting after finally stopping a receiver for once. Well you're representing us, UL, so what one player does represents us all. One byu players makes a dirty play and everyone calls them a dirty program. Even at the south al game we are playing terrible and we have players in the players face on the ground after finally stopping them when he didn't even make a great play. I heard fans yelling "you aren't that good!" When our fans are yelling at our own players to stop being so cocky, I question our intelligence and discipline. If they are that smart we could pick up those basic schemes and mental aspects of the games.
    I don't relate intelligence to discipline, Richard Sherman is extremely intelligent but cocky, trash talking and undisciplined. Ive seen really really dumb people do exactly as they are told. The players aren't dumb. Discipline starts at the top, go back and watch how many times our coaches were yelling at each other on the sideline this year. Plenty wrong, plenty to fix.players ability to learn isn't one.

Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Why do some teachers get different results from the exact same students. When I was in the 6th,7th, and 8th grades the classes stayed and the teachers changed. We had vastly different results depending on the teachers.

Hud's fine tuned his staff into chaos.
    I'm not blaming the students, this is on Hud. lack of talent, coaching up, discipline, basic schemes. I mean Hud inherited better WR's when he first got here than he had this year in his fifth year, even with robinson back. I mean the guy was the WR coach at miss st when he was there and we can't recruit/coach receivers? Not to mention not ever letting our pocket qb throw the ball in the redzonecmon hud

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I don't relate intelligence to discipline, Richard Sherman is extremely intelligent but cocky, trash talking and undisciplined. Ive seen really really dumb people do exactly as they are told. The players aren't dumb. Discipline starts at the top, go back and watch how many times our coaches were yelling at each other on the sideline this year. Plenty wrong, plenty to fix.players ability to learn isn't one.
    thats a good point. well we at least should be a discipline team. I'm not putting this on the kids, I think it starts with Hud and his staff

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Why do some teachers get different results from the exact same students. When I was in the 6th,7th, and 8th grades the classes stayed and the teachers changed. We had vastly different results depending on the teachers.

Hud's fine tuned his staff into chaos.
    When I was a sophomore at Acadiana, a teacher that could never control our class blurted out, "Do you act like this in Mr. X's class?!". One of my buddies goes, "No, but we respect him.". She started to cry. After that episode our class actually started trying to help her teach her class. I actually liked her, but she was never capable of commanding a class of HS sophomores.

Discipline in college football is on the coaching staff. It's a skill. You slack off and you have "locker room problems" or "APC distractions" . and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    When I was a sophomore at Acadiana, a teacher that could never control our class blurted out, "Do you act like this in Mr. X's class?!". One of my buddies goes, "No, but we respect him.". She started to cry. After that episode our class actually started trying to help her teach her class. I actually liked her, but she was never capable of commanding a class of HS sophomores.

Discipline in college football is on the coaching staff. It's a skill. You slack off and you have "locker room problems" or "APC distractions" . and such.
    This is very true. Respect is not typically earned, as most tend to say, but attracted by the charisma and character of an individual. Two people could say the exact same things to a group of people and have completely different results.

back to the original topic - can we confirm that Walter Williams is coming back? Seems like there is some confusion about him being kicked off of his JUCO team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    back to the original topic - can we confirm that Walter Williams is coming back? Seems like there is some confusion about him being kicked off of his JUCO team as well.
    I don't recall him being kicked off his Juco team and he wasn't kicked off UL's football program.

8. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't recall him being kicked off his Juco team and he wasn't kicked off UL's football program.
    T, Man about Town said that in a earlier post, but he corrected himself later and said that "after further review" he was mistaken. I think Big Earl just failed to see the retraction.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    T, Man about Town said that in a earlier post, but he corrected himself later and said that "after further review" he was mistaken. I think Big Earl just failed to see the retraction.
    Okay, I did not catch it in the thread.

and he wasn't kicked off UL's football program.
    T- What am I missing?
    http://espn1420.com/ragin-cajuns-dis.lter-williams/

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I saw where he said he was mistaken, but I wasn't' sure what he was talking about. Was he talking about being mistaken saying he was kicked off his JUCO team?

So - is he coming back to UL or not?

12. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

I was talking about him being dismissed from his JUCO team, he was not dismissed from MGCCC, I am not sure about the deal with the Cajuns.

"Walter is no longer a member of our football team," Hudspeth said. "We wish him well in his future endeavors."

The part where Hudspeth said he was dismissed. He never used the term. That is what Ryan Baniewicz stated, which is not exactly accurate. Hudspeth never went on record as to why he left the program, but he was not dismissed like Bates or White. He left the program because he refused to redshirt. There was no violation of team or university rules.

"Walter is no longer a member of our football team," Hudspeth said. "We wish him well in his future endeavors."

The part where Hudspeth said he was dismissed. He never used the term. That is what Ryan Baniewicz stated, which is not exactly accurate. Hudspeth never went on record as to why he left the program, but he was not dismissed like Bates or White. He left the program because he refused to redshirt. There was no violation of team or university rules.
    Thanks, T.

15. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Well that answers both, he was never dismissed from either team, he chose to leave the Cajuns because he did not want to redshirt. And he played in all but one of his JC games. Regardless, I hope the kid has a great career at UL. I just hate that we lost a year of his play because he did not want to redshirt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information