Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Walter Williams coming back

Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think our recruiting board is getting a big shake up. I'll wait to comment until after the dead period, but expect big changes.
    Good changes???

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    A couple of updates: Williams needs to complete 24 hours of credits before he transfers back to UL, so he won't get here until after he finishes in May. As for JC DL, UL is focusing on guys that can get up the field similar to Darzil Washington and play up or down on the edge. They have two JC DL committed right now. Gallon is a DT, so not certain if he fits considering the lack of scholarships that the Cajuns have at this time. But decisions are still being made on this class and you will see some of that in January.
    Understandable since we really need guys that can pass rush and Gallion would likely play the same role as Lee and Briscoe. Would be a great pick up of we could get him though.

Seems more and more that HUD is recruiting unintelligent, big size athletes who can't learn s***, academically our athletically. They either aren't that athletic or we can't coach em up. Both of which fall on Hud.

give me a shout, 228 8607433. David

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Seems more and more that HUD is recruiting unintelligent, big size athletes who can't learn s***, academically our athletically. They either aren't that athletic or we can't coach em up. Both of which fall on Hud.

Explain please, how do you know so much about the intelligence of our recruits/players?

Highest team GPA in the sunbelt and state 3 years in a row.nothing wrong with their intelligence or being able to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Highest team GPA in the sunbelt and state 3 years in a row.nothing wrong with their intelligence or being able to learn.
    Are we talking about the players or the coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The players, they obviously are capable of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    both

team gpa doesn't mean anything. Can't even grasp simple schemes (thats mental), undisciplined (unsportsmanlike conduct calls), and in peoples face and taunting while we're losing

11. Default

You don't lead the state and conference in student grades with slow learners. Our guy's are plenty smart enough to learn football.

team gpa doesn't mean anything. Can't even grasp simple schemes (thats mental), undisciplined (unsportsmanlike conduct calls), and in peoples face and taunting while we're losing
    Did all 60 regular players do that? Or just a couple? 59 players on the team had 3.0 or higher, they aren't dumb. You really like to make blanket statements. Are the schemes simple? Are they being taught correctly? Is it being translated properly to the field during games? I know of 1 player who had a couple unsportsmanlike calls and 1 other off the top of my head. Hardly a team wide problem, when things are going bad it's really easy to nitpick and point out every single thing. I hate to break it to you, we had those things when we were winning, we just had the offense and talent to over come it.

Did all 60 regular players do that? Or just a couple? 59 players on the team had 3.0 or higher, they aren't dumb. You really like to make blanket statements. Are the schemes simple? Are they being taught correctly? Is it being translated properly to the field during games? I know of 1 player who had a couple unsportsmanlike calls and 1 other off the top of my head. Hardly a team wide problem, when things are going bad it's really easy to nitpick and point out every single thing. I hate to break it to you, we had those things when we were winning, we just had the offense and talent to over come it.
    I understand when your winning, everything seems fine but I didn't see our defense taunting after finally stopping a receiver for once. Well you're representing us, UL, so what one player does represents us all. One byu players makes a dirty play and everyone calls them a dirty program. Even at the south al game we are playing terrible and we have players in the players face on the ground after finally stopping them when he didn't even make a great play. I heard fans yelling "you aren't that good!" When our fans are yelling at our own players to stop being so cocky, I question our intelligence and discipline. If they are that smart we could pick up those basic schemes and mental aspects of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You don't lead the state and conference in student grades with slow learners. Our guy's are plenty smart enough to learn football.
    yeah, they learned the game real well this year

15. Default Re: Walter Williams coming back

Why do some teachers get different results from the exact same students. When I was in the 6th,7th, and 8th grades the classes stayed and the teachers changed. We had vastly different results depending on the teachers.

Hud's fine tuned his staff into chaos.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information