Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth high on his tall receivers for 2016

1. UL Football Hudspeth high on his tall receivers for 2016

Whomever winds up being UL’s starting and backup quarterbacks in 2016 — coach Mark Hudspeth hasn’t said yet — will play without the Ragin’ Cajuns’ leading receiver from 2015.

Fifth-year senior wideout Jamal Robinson’s Cajun career is done.

Default Re: Hudspeth high on his tall receivers for 2016

We waste wide receivers over here by just having one guy run a go route and the other run an 8 yard curl. Skill positions are the most underutilized players on this team.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If they don't run crisp routes and get separation, what difference does it make?

We lacked talent and size on this years recieving corps. I'm much more optimistic about next years group even with Jamal's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We lacked talent and size on this years recieving corps. I'm much more optimistic about next years group even with Jamal's departure.
    We had talent and size before all of them got hurt. I am very optimistic about the receiving corps next year too. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the team.

We also need to get Fuselier back to his natural slot positionand Riles is very physical on sweeps with the ball in his hands.natural running back.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    With Jamal dropping passes and giving away pics, lol I think so

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    We had talent and size before all of them got hurt. I am very optimistic about the receiving corps next year too. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the team.
    Yep. Was talking about the ones that played.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We also need to get Fuselier back to his natural slot positionand Riles is very physical on sweeps with the ball in his hands.natural running back.
    Haynes is better than Fuse or Riles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    If they don't run crisp routes and get separation, what difference does it make?
    Yeah Z, it's another one of Hud's fixations since Peanut. If they can't catch or run, height will not make a difference. There are still many wideouts in the NFL that are under 6'.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    We waste wide receivers over here by just having one guy run a go route and the other run an 8 yard curl. Skill positions are the most underutilized players on this team.
    You said a mouthful. I went back and watched some plays that I absolutely couldn't believe how terrible the routes were. I watched to see if the coaches got onto our WRs for running the wrong routes. and they didn't! Something was very bizarre this year with our passing attack. Haack could have looked like an NFL passer with just a small amount of help from our coaches and his receivers (combined). This offense was gifted at the skill positions. It was simply the worst use of football skill talent I think I've ever watched. considering the competition. and how obvious teams sold out to stop Eli up the middle. We aren't smart offensively, and I haven't put my finger on who is at fault. The play calling, especially WR routes and technical skills, and correct use of available personnel was atrocious this year. I just hope the coaches agree. It's our only hope if we keep this staff together. I fear our coaches truly think all of the failures were due to injuries and "chemistry". That's like saying the mayonnaise went bad on your ____ sandwich.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by GATOR GRUNT View Post
    Yeah Z, it's another one of Hud's fixations since Peanut. If they can't catch or run, height will not make a difference. There are still many wideouts in the NFL that are under 6'.
    Hud wants a running athlete QB that can throw jump balls in the vicinity of tall WRs. Why? Because that offense requires the least coaching skill of any out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Hud wants a running athlete QB that can throw jump balls in the vicinity of tall WRs. Why? Because that offense requires the least coaching skill of any out there.
    I'm starting to believe this J1M.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Sad but true

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I agree with this . Plus Haynes would get more touches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information