Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hudspeth high on his tall receivers for 2016

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Hud wants a running athlete QB that can throw jump balls in the vicinity of tall WRs. Why? Because that offense requires the least coaching skill of any out there.
    Nailed it. All coaches look smarter when they out talent the opposition. Hud's very average with similar competition.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Hudspeth high on his tall receivers for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Nailed it. All coaches look smarter when they out talent the opposition. Hud's very average with similar competition.
    Personally, I like to see the best mixture of athleticism, size, intelligence, heart, attitude, skills combined with brilliant coaching. If we can out recruit everyone for athletes, I have no problem running simple systems and just overwhelming the opposition with superior athletes. I don't think we have exclusive access to premium athletes that just so happen to fit the upper end of height and size. Therefore, I expect us to find student-athletes without the perfect dimensions, but huge traits that other programs may dismiss, and add genius coaching to them.

It's easier (and more appropriate) to expect a well paid coach to work on a lifetime career of being a genius at his profession, than expect high school kids to be obvious winners over their next 4 to 5 years of life - while supposedly being good college students. In other words, BS to you coaches and riding kid talent. Get your personal skills up. or take the pitch fork to your ___ like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Hud wants a running athlete QB that can throw jump balls in the vicinity of tall WRs. Why? Because that offense requires the least coaching skill of any out there.
    Bingo!! We have a winner.

We had a 6'4" WR and we threw less than 16 times in the red zone. SMDH

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We had a 6'4" WR and we threw less than 16 times in the red zone. SMDH
    Yeah, that was bizarre. I know he doesn't have great hands, but you would think that they would at least give the TALL guy a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by GATOR GRUNT View Post
    Yeah, that was bizarre. I know he doesn't have great hands, but you would think that they would at least give the TALL guy a chance.
    16 times in a whole season is ludicrous. Talk about setting yourself up for failure. No wonder our production out of the QB position was poor.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I havent watched coaches film but it seemed that many times we would be in 3rd and 4 and no receivers ran a 5-7 yard route. It always seemed like we tried a low percentage pass that was rarely completed. I may be mistaken but it seemed to happened a lot.

Hud seems to be stuck on the physical appearance or build of an athlete and not if they are good football players. He's been praising tall receivers since he became our Coach and other teams seem to do great with shorter guys against our defense. You could probably count on your two hands the amount of times in 5 years that height actually made a difference in an offensive play. They sure didn't take advantage of it this year. It's annoying me lately that when Hud speaks, all I hear is blah blah blah. I've lost trust in what he says, and what he knows, because of the past 2 seasons. It's up to him to earn it back. Again, time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information