Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns' QB question still lacks the answer

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns' QB question still lacks the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My prediction is that Haack will graduate and move on to the business world. He will not play in the NFL. Better to start making money now. You never get that income back. I agree Nixon will move positions. They will go with Davis in Game 1 and he will still be the QB in Game 8. He may struggle at times but they will go all year with him.
    Mike, who will win the presidency, when will oil return to a level that reinvigorates the local economy, when will the world put an end to terrorism, and when will the campus police overlook my choice of limited clothing at UL sporting events? If you've already overheated your daily prognostication engine, I completely understand.

My prediction is that Haack will graduate and move on to the business world. He will not play in the NFL. Better to start making money now. You never get that income back. I agree Nixon will move positions. They will go with Davis in Game 1 and he will still be the QB in Game 8. He may struggle at times but they will go all year with him.
    Exactly my prediction also.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Mike, who will win the presidency, when will oil return to a level that reinvigorates the local economy, when will the world put an end to terrorism, and when will the campus police overlook my choice of limited clothing at UL sporting events? If you've already overheated your daily prognostication engine, I completely understand.
    . I have exceeded my prediction quota. I do not have great confidence in the ones I did make at that. Exception is Nixon changing position.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

. I have exceeded my prediction quota. I do not have great confidence in the ones I did make at that. Exception is Nixon changing position.
    LOL. I think all of your predictions were pretty reasonable. With the lack of commitment to Haack this past year... when he was clearly our best QB... just not the best in Hud's preferred system... I expect he will graduate and move on. He paid his dues and waited his turn behind a coach that just wasn't committed to what he brought to the table.

I hope you're right about Nixon. As much as I think JD is the favorite, I think with his limited experience, other young QBs will work hard to make it a competition. May the best overall QB win and our coaches get much better at selecting and running good plays.

Is it that ploy to not let the opponents know so they have to prepare for our diversified QB carousel? That worked really well. For what reason would he have a particular QB selected at this point? If there are "a bunch of really good reasons" for Hud not to state he's crowning Davis as the starter... why are you telling everyone that he already has? He hasn't. The same Hud that couldn't decide between two oppositely skilled QBs well past mid season is going to choose a QB right now before he puts all of his options through their paces? And you cut down ppl for cutting down Hud? You just insulted him the worst of any.

We can only hope a very deserving starter emerges and there's no trouble for Hud and his staff to choose a #1. It allows a coach to point and say to the entire team "he's the QB... back him or leave". And that allows a staff to choose very precise plays and sequences. But there's a point in the year when you determine starters... and it isn't right now.
    +1 J1M. There will always be some that will drink Hud's "elixir of life".

6. Default Re: Cajuns' QB question still lacks the answer

... With the lack of commitment to Haack this past year... when he was clearly our best QB... just not the best in Hud's preferred system...
    2015 comes across as Hud's throwaway season.

Putting the offense on hold was a lot easier than learning/teaching a new offense in 2015 before returning to the comfort zone in 2016.

There is something to be said for consistency but not if the currency is a throwaway season.

I could be wrong and its jmo

If this plays out the other part of the equation is determining who is the clear #2 between Ray and Weaver. I hope that can be done in the spring so one of them could be converted to defensive side for the fall. Wouldn't surprise me if one of them were somewhere else by next fall either.

I have no inside info, nor claim to know anything. But what I think will happen is...Haack leaves, either by transfer or ending his football journey. Nixon moves to RB. Davis is the full time starter, Weaver the backup, and Ray is a full time player at another position.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    My prediction for next year. Haack will transfer after this semester. 8 games into the season, we still will not know who the QB is!
    Haack will be a senior. He won't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Haack will be a senior. He won't go anywhere.
    Haack graduates in May, he would be eligible to transfer to any program and play another year. I'm not saying that he will do so, only that the option will be available for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I have no inside info, nor claim to know anything. But what I think will happen is...Haack leaves, either by transfer or ending his football journey. Nixon moves to RB. Davis is the full time starter, Weaver the backup, and Ray is a full time player at another position.
    This is the most likely scenario, with Ray possibly moving to RB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    2015 comes across as Hud's throwaway season.

Putting the offense on hold was a lot easier than learning/teaching a new offense in 2015 before returning to the comfort zone in 2016.

There is something to be said for consistency but not if the currency is a throwaway season.

I could be wrong and its jmo
    There was no reason to throw the season away. Haack didn't require a different offense. Our offense has a lot of plays built around Haack's throwing ability. Haack should have been allowed to run the offense as the QB unless/until he got injured. Eli should have been catching screens and check downs out of the backfield (all in our playbook)... and almost never running it up the gut. Nixon should have come in as a RB and Eli moved to the slot. That would have generated way more deception for defenses... and it would have given Haack and our OC some tremendous options. We half assed a play selection from our playbook in order to keep the dream alive of a dual threat QB... that really wasn't there for us.

Davis should have been Haack's #2 to get ready for our future. He needed to see a series or two in a couple of games, specifically to learn to throw high percentage passes (we have way too few high percentage routes... but that's another story)... not to see if he can run. Running isn't a skill an ahtlete needs to be taught.

And anyone with half a brain knows that you can succeed with a QB that throws well... but isn't a gifted runner... but you cannot succeed with a QB that runs well... but isn't a gifted passer. The first cure going into next year is our offensive coaching staff getting committed to intelligent play calling and player utilization... and making sure the best passer gets selected and helped to link up with his receiver corps... and never to be second-guessed unless and until he absolutely fails.

Hud would love to use your argument that he threw this season away for a better next year. That is not what happened. It got taken away from him by coaches and athletes from other schools that saw how inept our program management was. 8 teams ate our lunch coaching wise this past year. We were not out athleted by 8 of the 12 programs we played this past year.

T, what are Dion Ray's prospects at another position should he not win the QB job? And what position would be the best fit for him? RB, WR, DB??

Never mind. Just saw your last post about Ray at RB

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Don't be shocked when Hud sticks with Nixon. When he likes a player he will not change his mind.
    Don't be shocked when we lose.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information