Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with dorms

Default Re: Help with dorms

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Lol. Think about what a recruiting disadvantage this used to be 10 years ago. Conference Center was the best dorm by far. Now people are _____ing about it
    When I was there, the conference center was actually very nice. remember the conference center was also used as a hotel, and you could rent rooms by the night!

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    When I was there, the conference center was actually very nice. remember the conference center was also used as a hotel, and you could rent rooms by the night!
    Just don't wait too long to get lined up. Chances are that there will be over 20,000 students at UL by Fall 2016. I know this is nothing compared to La Tech, but every room will be spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Just don't wait too long to get lined up. Chances are that there will be over 20,000 students at UL by Fall 2016. I know this is nothing compared to La Tech, but every room will be spoken for.
    This is no joke. they had serious problems this year with finding rooms for people

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    McCoullough is awesome you share a bathroom with the entire hall. Everyone uses a gang shower with 8 heads. If you tie one on, on a Tuesday and sleep in on wed some times there will be an old lady scrubbing one side of the shower while your showering right next to her. When your so drunk your hugging the porcelain god at the end of the night you tend to forget 20 other disgusting sob's use that toilet. Ahh the 80s.

Hope that helps.
    I was there in '89. Man that was a ____hole, but we had fun!

What was the old dorm closest to Girard park. Had huge rooms but minimal heat and air. Probably was the oldest men's dorm back then

Stay out out of Confrence center. Rest are all good

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    What was the old dorm closest to Girard park. Had huge rooms but minimal heat and air. Probably was the oldest men's dorm back then
    Probably talking about mcaffrey and Roy. Demolished in late 80s when Bickster resided in mcculough.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    The oldest were Roy and Caffery. McCollough stood between them. Both were suites with a bath for four rooms two facing Rex two facing the back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The oldest were Roy and Caffery. McCollough stood between them. Both were suites with a bath for four rooms two facing Rex two facing the back.
    facing Rex??

The Conference Center has to be the last bastion of the old dorms. Stokes is gone. Voorhies & McCullogh both gone. Denbo & Bancroft gone. Baker-Huger gone. Most of the girl dorms around the mini-quad are all new. Anyone remember the name of the old UP dorm on Boucher? When my brother lived there it was a total ____ hole.as was the second floor of the International Student Office where I lived from 2001 to 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The Conference Center has to be the last bastion of the old dorms. Stokes is gone. Voorhies & McCullogh both gone. Denbo & Bancroft gone. Baker-Huger gone. Most of the girl dorms around the mini-quad are all new. Anyone remember the name of the old UP dorm on Boucher? When my brother lived there it was a total ____ hole.as was the second floor of the International Student Office where I lived from 2001 to 2005.
    From what I see, there are only two dorms that have not been changed in the last few years: Harris Hall (which was and remains a female only dorm) and the CC.

Randolph was not demolished but was re-purposed into some kind of activity center, I believe. I believe that used to be a girls only dorm too, IIRC. Also unchanged was Cajun Village.

Everything else has been demolished and replaced, unless someone knows of another one that was not.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajuns_fan View Post
    From what I see, there are only two dorms that have not been changed in the last few years: Harris Hall (which was and remains a female only dorm) and the CC.

Randolph was not demolished but was re-purposed into some kind of activity center, I believe. I believe that used to be a girls only dorm too, IIRC. Also unchanged was Cajun Village.

Everything else has been demolished and replaced, unless someone knows of another one that was not.
    Harris is the one on the corner of Boucher and McKinley?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Harris is the one on the corner of Boucher and McKinley?
    Yep.it has the corner front entry like Burke-Hawthorne, and that new Rose Garden dorms mimic. Randolph is on Hebrard Blvd, across from Declouet.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    facing Rex??
    Yeah maybe E Lewis.

So, Voorhies Hall was the dorm closest to Johnston, where the day care center is now.and McCullough was near the park, in between Caffery and Roythe three were demolished to build legacy park. Right? Or was McCullough the one near Johnston? I always got those two confused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information