Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with dorms

Default Help with dorms

My office manager's son is filing to UL and needs some advice on which Dorm is best. He wants to get in to the suites (4 to a suite), but all the dorms I knew are gone (except for the Conference Center). How about a little guidance fellas.

Default Re: Help with dorms

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    My office manager's son is filing to UL and needs some advice on which Dom is best. He wants to get in to the suites (4 to a suite), but all the dorms I knew are gone (except for the Conference Center). How about a little guidance fellas.
    Pretty sure all of the dorms have been redone.

http://housing.louisiana.edu/formsfe.ications-forms

I lived in the Conference Center for 2 years back before the remodel. They weren't very nice then but I was in college so who really cared. Most of the freshmen athletes lived there so I got to know some of the football players. I have seen them since the remodel and they look very nice now. It's more centrally located than the others which was nice. I was in engineering so it was an equal walk from the CC to Doucet Hall for math or to Rougeou/Madison for my engineering classes. There is also a computer lab.

Stay away from the Conf Center. my boys lived in there their first year (2014-2015) and other than being a few steps from the library and the bus stop being in front of it, it absolutely sucked. it stunk, the rooms are small and you share a bathroom with 3 other people in the new dorms, there are two bathrooms per suite, and a 'commons' area with a fridge and a microwave ceiling fans in the rooms, and floating 'hardwood' floors.

B&B moved into Huger Hall, which is the furthest dorm from the center of things, but it is close to the Union. As was stated before, all of the dorms are new except for the Conf Center (and Harris Hall, but that is all female). he really can't go wrong as long as it's not the Conf Center. it is worth the extra 900/semester not to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    Stay away from the Conf Center. my boys lived in there their first year (2014-2015) and other than being a few steps from the library and the bus stop being in front of it, it absolutely sucked. it stunk, the rooms are small and you share a bathroom with 3 other people in the new dorms, there are two bathrooms per suite, and a 'commons' area with a fridge and a microwave ceiling fans in the rooms, and floating 'hardwood' floors.

B&B moved into Huger Hall, which is the furthest dorm from the center of things, but it is close to the Union. As was stated before, all of the dorms are new except for the Conf Center (and Harris Hall, but that is all female). he really can't go wrong as long as it's not the Conf Center. it is worth the extra 900/semester not to be in there.
    Thanks. Anyone else?

I live on campus now. You want to be in corona our bonin hall. Those are the newest dorms and I stayed there for a year. Very nice and only had to share a bathroom with your roommate.

Anything is a castle compared to some of the old dorms. I lived in stokes for a year and it wasn't bad then but would be considered a dungeon compared to dorms now

Thanks. Anyone else?
    My son lives in Corona. Very nice. Rose Garden dorms are all new.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Anything is a castle compared to some of the old dorms. I lived in stokes for a year and it wasn't bad then but would be considered a dungeon compared to dorms now
    Stokes was the king at the time but would be a dump today. However more memories made there than any other time in college. So many kids today are totally disconnected. We didn't have social media. We had to make relationships the old fashion way.

My office manager's son is filing to UL and needs some advice on which Dorm is best. He wants to get in to the suites (4 to a suite), but all the dorms I knew are gone (except for the Conference Center). How about a little guidance fellas.
    McCoullough is awesome you share a bathroom with the entire hall. Everyone uses a gang shower with 8 heads. If you tie one on, on a Tuesday and sleep in on wed some times there will be an old lady scrubbing one side of the shower while your showering right next to her. When your so drunk your hugging the porcelain god at the end of the night you tend to forget 20 other disgusting sob's use that toilet. Ahh the 80s.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Stokes was the king at the time but would be a dump today. However more memories made there than any other time in college. So many kids today are totally disconnected. We didn't have social media. We had to make relationships the old fashion way.
    Did you have to walk to class in the snow with no shoes uphill both ways?

12. Default Re: Help with dorms

I lived in Voorhies and it was a total ____ show. There was the guy who practiced dribbling a basketball at 2am, the cinder block walls, and heating/cooling that was controlled downstairs. Nothing like the heater being on in October.

The new dorms are palaces compared to the dorms of yesteryear.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    McCoullough is awesome you share a bathroom with the entire hall. Everyone uses a gang shower with 8 heads. If you tie one on, on a Tuesday and sleep in on wed some times there will be an old lady scrubbing one side of the shower while your showering right next to her. When your so drunk your hugging the porcelain god at the end of the night you tend to forget 20 other disgusting sob's use that toilet. Ahh the 80s.

Hope that helps.
    This. Stokes or McCullough are the way to go. Stay away from Voorhies. Total ____ hole

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post

Lol. Think about what a recruiting disadvantage this used to be 10 years ago. Conference Center was the best dorm by far. Now people are _____ing about it

i havent been on campus in a few years but my brother works in HVAC, I will ask him tomorrow which one he would stay in

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information