Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Hudspeth happy with Cajuns' defensive scheme, coaching

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I'm not trying to quibble with you, but your comments accentuate Hud's biggest flaw. His ego and stubbornness. We get him taking credit in a round about way for trying to strip the ball, but more turnovers is all he preached this season and continues to do so.

I have no interest in seeing him throw anyone under the bus. The proof will absolutely be in the results on the field next year, but you asked what we wanted him to say. For me that is not more of the same because we do see a reflection of what he says on the field. He says he wants to see more Jalen and we got the revolving door QB experiment. He says more turnovers and we get poor tackling and failed attempts to strip the ball.

He can say this is is on me all he wants, but if he keeps on about turnovers and wanting his guys to play like "superstars" and remains firm that he is pleased with the coaching then I along with many others do no expect to see much change in the bottom line next year.
    I do agree with HUD we need more turnovers.just don't go about it the way they do. If he wants more turnovers? Figure out a way to hit the QB.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Id like to hear those things too, I heard that in a round about way in his last coaches show with jay about the defense. He took some responsibility for the poor tackling at south al, saying it was his fault because they told them to go for the ball. It's still a balance, he has to have these people work for him, we chastise him for throwing people under the bus, then we want him to publicly throw more people under the bus. As long as he is having this discussion with the coaches and team, I don't need to see it in the paper. The proof will be in next season. He could say all the right things but if we still suck, those words won'tean anything. If he fixes it and wins the conference next year, nobody will care what he said in the paper 9 months earlier. I've said it before, media is certainly not the mans strength and might be one reason he hasn't gotten a higher profile job, he would get destroyed with an sec media lynch mob. I think Davis needs to be the guy but I don't mind making him work for it in the offseason, he needs to be the guy coming out of spring. Competition doesn't hurt.
    The culmination is, what coaches 'say' ultimately doesn't matter. Especially Hud. He's proven to say what he thinks he needs to say. Now, he's been caught at some vulnerable moments and made some gaff comments, and those should be taken seriously. The the rehearsed bs the he gives 90% of the time is inconsequential. And I totally get it. I've taken him to task on his gaffs and revelations, but I won't think twice about the coach speak stuff.

I've said before: I think we're in capable hands with the defensive staff. And contrary to popular belief here, I think Hud can get us back on the straight and narrow. BUT, he'll have to prove to me that he's a coach that can take us to respectability nationally and win something of significance. And that's the pragmatic way any intelligent fan would approach this thing.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I do agree with HUD we need more turnovers.just don't go about it the way they do. If he wants more turnovers? Figure out a way to hit the QB.
    Btw, I don't really understand coaching turnovers rather than solid defense. Is it that they don't trust the talent they recruited, or the quick game flip infatuation? Stopping an offense in its tracks is way more demoralizing, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Btw, I don't really understand coaching turnovers rather than solid defense. Is it that they don't trust the talent they recruited, or the quick game flip infatuation? Stopping an offense in its tracks is way more demoralizing, IMO.
    Absolutely, play good defense and turnovers will come. Hit the QB, gang tackle the RB and have others pop him. Some schemes are designed to confuse and that can cause them but mainly, just play good defense and get to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL coach Mark Hudspeth was pleased by UL's new defensive scheme, but creating turnovers was an issue in 2015

I don't read the Advertiser but I watched a defense get shredded. Choose your words carefully Hud.

Default Re: Hudspeth happy with Cajuns' defensive scheme, coaching

+100 turnovers come with solid defense and good timing

You teach to hit thru and wrap up.secondary support on the play if possible go for the,strip,while player is wrapped up

8. Default Re: Hudspeth happy with Cajuns' defensive scheme, coaching

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    You teach to hit thru and wrap up.secondary support on the play if possible go for the,strip,while player is wrapped up
    Now that's a brilliant concept. One that our players and coaches should be informed of heading into next season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information