Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2003-04 Volunteer Days

1. Ragin' Cajuns 2003-04 Volunteer Days

An effort is ongoing this weekend to get Cajun Field ready for football season.

This year several campus organizations along with the SGA were out at The Swamp on Friday - and again on Saturday - Cypressing (sprucing) up the place in preparation for this years gridiron action.

Last year United Louisiana Cajuns spearheaded the effort, this year however CajunFun (president) is on injured reserve. Fortunately the SGA has taken up the mantle for 2003 and have made great progress already.

A couple of the workers I noticed were working as part of the SGA. evcajun12 and willkner were the ones I talked to.

First thing I noticed yesterday is the RedZone has been expanded and is now symmetrical. Josh Seville was painting around the tunnel. In their seemingly annual right the weeds have returned and were being pulled.

However I also noticed there was much to be done, and if you didn't get to make it out it is not to late. The SGA and various campus organizations and other volunteers will be meeting today -Saturday - at 9am to give it a knock out punch. Student or not I am sure they could use your help.

In other action at Cajun field today - on the field - the 2nd annual Rickey Bustle Women’s Football Clinic will be swinging through. Won't it be nice for the women to see The Swamp looking good!

2. Default

It must be a private funtion, no one waits till the last minute to ask for help. I would love to go but I have commitments. What do you mean by the RedZone is now symmetrical?

UL Softball 2003-04 Volunteer Days

for the last few days i've gone by the lady cajun softball field and witness a group of guys donating time to fix the fix and beautify the park, (that is worth a large sum of money)flower beds, flowers,painting,etc. i wish i had a camera to take some shots and show everyone what a great job they are doing, if any of you get a chance,go out there and see for yourself, it would be nice to let these guys know they are appreciated.

5. Default

Great idea.

Since I can't make the game tonight -if all goes well this afternoon- I will try and run by LAdy Cajun Park and snap a few pictures.

6. Default Re: volunteer

Originally posted by oldman
    for the last few days i've gone by the lady cajun softball field and witness a group of guys donating time to fix the fix and beautify the park, (that is worth a large sum of money)flower beds, flowers,painting,etc. i wish i had a camera to take some shots and show everyone what a great job they are doing, if any of you get a chance,go out there and see for yourself, it would be nice to let these guys know they are appreciated.
    I didn't get to take many pictures oldman Shirley had to lock up.

I posted another one of the flowers on the LAdy Cajuns host Mardi Gras Classic page.

You can still see the bags of dirt in the background on this one, but it sure looks good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What bags? What flowers? All I see is the co-ed.

Default volunteers

i went by the athletic office and they are really breaking down walls every where, i ask if they could use some help to remove stuff (bricks,tiles,etc.)and haul it to the dumpster outside and the answer was, YES! they could use some help and welcome it. so i plan on taking tomorrow afternoon off and go over to help in any way i can.it would be nice if any of you would have the time. they will shut down today at 4pm if anyone was interested because of the game tonight. this is one of the ways i am able to contribute.

Ragin' Cajuns

Worked there today Feb 26, for 3 1/2 hours! Watch the news 10 & 3, and check the paper as Gerald had them come out so the people of ACADIANA could SEE that it is NOT just TALK, that progress is being made BACKERS are standing up digging deep and putting in some SWEAT EQUITY!!!!

DADDYCAJUN!!!!!

Default volunteer II

yesterday i mentioned that they are tearing down walls at the athletic complex and need volunteers to help haul off trash! you guys want improvements to our program and facilities? well here is a chance to show your spirit, put your words into action.i got no response but 1, it seems like you are all talk and no action, what's up with that. they want to finish in 100 days, they will be out there on saturday for sure, get involved. i'm going this afternoon.

11. Default

Oldman, I went by your office yesterday about 4:30 they said you got off at 4:00 Were you at the athletic complex?

I wish I could help but my back won't let me do any picking up. I can push anything on wheels though.

Sounds like a good candidate for community service hours for some prisoners/fraternity members/etc.

i do get off at 4pm,did not go to complex, going this afternoon around 1:30.

look oldMAN, just because noboy replied does not mean they are not going. expect a big crowd to help. :o)

Look on the Delphi board and you'll see a lot of response. I'll be there Saturday with gloves, small sledge, claw hammer, pry bar, and a wheel barrow. Looking forward to meeting you. And you guys that are not able to work, you can hand out cold ones and cheer us on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information