Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

1. UL Football McGuire's still tops 1,000 yards in 'off year'

UL — As it turns out, an off year by Elijah McGuire's standards is pretty solid (by anyone's) standards.

With an 18-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, McGuire topped 1,000 rushing yards for the second straight season. .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

2. UL Football UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

UL running back Elijah McGuire hit a major milestone despite his sore shoulder.

3. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

Thank God he was able to reach that fine record. He earned every stinking yard.

Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

You're not kidding. He did a lot of that in spite of the O line.

5. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

What does this mean? " As it turns out, an off year by Elijah McGuire’s standards is pretty solid when it comes to Louisiana-Lafayette standards."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What does this mean? " As it turns out, an off year by Elijah McGuire’s standards is pretty solid when it comes to Louisiana-Lafayette standards."
    Kind of sounds like a little jab to me, but let's not question the Advocate. They mean no harm.

7. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

They will love it all over the state to use in recruiting----and our beat writer insults Fenroy and other great backs that have played here!!! OK let's have the Oakers start their defense---He is forced to use ULL etc, etc, etc, --Don't be fooled guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    They will love it all over the state to use in recruiting

and our beat writer insults Fenroy and other great backs that have played here!!! OK let's have the Oakers start their defense---He is forced to use ULL etc, etc, etc, --Don't be fooled guys!!!

Haha I was wondering where you were!

What a complete stud that guy is. I remember when we had almost no 1,000 yard rushers. This guy does it while being mis-used behind a line that, to be kind, struggled. I hope he heals up, we straighten up, and he gets to have an incredible senior season. He has sure earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It is a pretty accurate statement. Since 1949 we have had 4 1000 rushers. Now Fenroy did it 4 times Desormeaux, Brian Mitchell once and now Elijah twice.

In the last 66 years our leading rusher has been under 500 yards 30 times and 52 times has been under 750 yards.
    Boomer: our beat writer insults Fenroy and other great backs that have played here!!!
    Please name these other "great" backs that were insulted. I think the reason Boomer stopped at Fenroy because he could name anyone else that had a 1000 yards besides Fenroy and Elijah, because there weren't any.

Two of our 4 1000 yards rushers were QBs, we are not exactly "Running Back U". So lets not kid ourselves about all these 1000 yard rushers.

11. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is a pretty accurate statement. Since 1949 we have had 4 1000 rushers. Now Fenroy did it 4 times Desormeaux, Brian Mitchell once and now Elijah twice.

In the last 66 years our leading rusher has been under 500 yards 30 times and 52 times has been under 750 yards. Please name these other "great" backs that were insulted. I think the reason Boomer stopped at Fenroy because he could name anyone else that had a 1000 yards besides Fenroy and Elijah, because there weren't any.

Two of our 4 1000 yards rushers were QBs, we are not exactly "Running Back U". So lets not kid ourselves about all these 1000 yard rushers.
    The point is, what McGuire did is considered "pretty solid" by anyone's standards, not just UL's.

To say otherwise makes light of McGuire's accomplishments.

nm

Last edited by MelRock; December 8th, 2015 at 03:10 pm. Reason: No bulldogs were killed during this post and ULMost still sux!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/.false/count/41

I love McGuire as much as the next guy, but 54 players rushed for over 1,000 yards this year. Two players played for one team. That's 41% of all FBS teams. 7 out of 11 SunBelt teams had a 1,000 yard rusher.

Did McGuire have a good year? Yes.
    Is reaching a 1,000 yards this grand accomplishment? Maybe.
    Dissecting every word to get your point across about The Advocate? Definitely

14. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

In the NCAA 1000 yards is the #1 measurement of RB success. If that is not achieved, yards per carry becomes the next measuring stick of success.

1000 yards is the universal standard though.

15. Default Re: UL's McGuire surpasses 1,000-yard plateau

I love how you list non facts as fact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information