Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana, Ohio Sign Home-And-Home Football Series

1. UL Football Re: Louisiana, Ohio Sign Home-And-Home Football Series

This is solid.

Note: 6 announcements like this a year and UL would have a full "independent" schedule.

ps Average 6 announcements, less in some scenarios.

Default Re: Louisiana, Ohio Sign Home-And-Home Football Series

Solid scheduling.

Oh boy

Farmer goes back to the MAC well. Will we ever learn how the home and home with Boise came about? Did Boise call us.or did we call them?

Scheduling MAC teams does nothing for attendance or fans ability to attend road games. We should be trying to schedule home & home with Big 12 or SEC schools. I understand it will be 2 for 1 deals but that should be our goal.

Yes, I know I am delusional.

we just got our dck kicked in by akron, we aren't too good for the MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Farmer goes back to the MAC well. Will we ever learn how the home and home with Boise came about? Did Boise call us.or did we call them?
    That seemed curious to me. Around the same time the home and homes were announced, it was made public that the SBC was bringing in Idaho. Might have been a little politics involved there.

I do not care how we got Boise to come here, the fact is they are coming. Also in regards to Ohio I am not ecstatic about them coming or us going there, but at what point do we become ULM and spend more than half our season on the road? We do not have 6 home games every year now. Sooner or later the 2 for 1 are going to catch up with you and if you do schedule them you are going to need the Ohios of the world to balance out the schedule. Do not be surprised to see a lot more made for TV match ups like SEC vs BIG conference in the near future. It will soon get tougher to schedule P5 schools and even tougher to get them to come to your place.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I do not care how we got Boise to come here, the fact is they are coming. Also in regards to Ohio I am not ecstatic about them coming or us going there, but at what point do we become ULM and spend more than half our season on the road? We do not have 6 home games every year now. Sooner or later the 2 for 1 are going to catch up with you and if you do schedule them you are going to need the Ohios of the world to balance out the schedule. Do not be surprised to see a lot more made for TV match ups like SEC vs BIG conference in the near future. It will soon get tougher to schedule P5 schools and even tougher to get them to come to your place.
    Most of the upper echelon of the G5 schools each have at least 2 P5 games scheduled. Having 6 home games is overrated in terms of growing your program when you are losing a chance to do that in one game with a P5 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Most of the upper echelon of the G5 schools each have at least 2 P5 games scheduled. Having 6 home games is overrated in terms of growing your program when you are losing a chance to do that in one game with a P5 victory.
    I do not disagree that is the case now, but I believe soon P5 conference are going to expand their conference schedule and work out scheduling agreements with other P5 conference. It will soon become like basketball, if you don't help our strength of schedule/RPI, then we won't play you. The playoff committee has already made that clear in regards to strength of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I do not disagree that is the case now, but I believe soon P5 conference are going to expand their conference schedule and work out scheduling agreements with other P5 conference. It will soon become like basketball, if you don't help our strength of schedule/RPI, then we won't play you. The playoff committee has already made that clear in regards to strength of schedule.
    If the P5's shut out the G5's schedule wise.then it should then dictate G5 conferences should make schedule arrangements as well. I'm all for that.it's better than the free-for-all we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If the P5's shut out the G5's schedule wise.then it should then dictate G5 conferences should make schedule arrangements as well. I'm all for that.it's better than the free-for-all we have now.
    I can't disagree with anything yo have said. I think it would be better for all if the G5 schedule started working together instead of trying to climb over each other. Unless, of course, we are the ones moving up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information